Havi B6 !
Dec 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #301 of 1,184
Having been listening with mainly Havi B3P1, whenever I listen to other IEMs, I feel like they often have too much bass. And I used to like subwoofer like bass... Havi seems to possess the magic to convert people from bassheads to more neutral sound lover...

Can't help but wonder if the B6 will have the same 'magical' quality in them. Cannot contain the excitement lol

omg same thing happened to me, i was the biggest basshead before i got the havis, everything else seems too bassy now :frowning2:

The same happened to me. The B3's changed my whole perspective on what bass should be like ( and got a bunch of IEM's of mine to get early retirement :wink: ).

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #302 of 1,184
The same happened to me. The B3's changed my whole perspective on what bass should be like ( and got a bunch of IEM's of mine to get early retirement
wink.gif
).

I think Havi B3 has the right amount of bass with the right tips and fit so I guess that's why you find the other IEMs to have excessive bass. For me its bass is just perfect for every genres.

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #303 of 1,184
I think Havi B3 has the right amount of bass with the right tips and fit so I guess that's why you find the other IEMs to have excessive bass. For me its bass is just perfect for every genres.

Although I find the bass to be enough for most genres there's some music (Daft Punk, Celldweller and Depeche Mode comes to mind) where I like more (that's where the IM70 comes in :wink: ).

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #304 of 1,184
The same happened to me. The B3's changed my whole perspective on what bass should be like ( and got a bunch of IEM's of mine to get early retirement
wink.gif
).

Me too!  I still listen mostly to EDM where in the past I had to use basshead IEMs, but now I enjoy more reference quality IEMs where a bass north of neutral will do.  My priorities shifted from quantity to quality.  As a result, I'm more selective about what I'm listening to where I can't stomach a poor recording, and that becomes very apparent when you listen to quality stuff from Avicii, Hardwell, Ummet, Harris, or Guetta, and compare to other "amateur" stuff...  The only exception is A71, wait till you hear that sub-woofer perfectly balanced with its titanium driver for clear/detailed mids/treble :wink:

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #305 of 1,184
omg same thing happened to me, i was the biggest basshead before i got the havis, everything else seems too bassy now :frowning2:

Yeah, the b3's cured me of bassheadomnia as well. I made the recent mistake though of getting the fidue a71's, and the basshead affliction is back in force lol. Both iems are excellent though and compliment each other nicely.

No basshead allowed here ....kekekekeeeeeeee....just joking buddy

The same happened to me. The B3's changed my whole perspective on what bass should be like ( and got a bunch of IEM's of mine to get early retirement :wink: ).

Me too!  I still listen mostly to EDM where in the past I had to use basshead IEMs, but now I enjoy more reference quality IEMs where a bass north of neutral will do.  My priorities shifted from quantity to quality.  As a result, I'm more selective about what I'm listening to where I can't stomach a poor recording, and that becomes very apparent when you listen to quality stuff from Avicii, Hardwell, Ummet, Harris, or Guetta, and compare to other "amateur" stuff...  The only exception is A71, wait till you hear that sub-woofer perfectly balanced with its titanium driver for clear/detailed mids/treble :wink:

Wow didn't expect so many people sharing the same sentiments! This is great to hear. Cheers :D

Yes, I think the bass is already the right amount for almost all my library (lots of EDM too!).
On rare occasion when it's not, the Cayin C5's bass boost does an incredible job imo.

I tried the a71 before , but sadly, i couldn't get a decent fit. With all the rave reviews, Im so keen to try again next time though :D

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #306 of 1,184
I thought people used B3 just for some kind of music registries...

For instance, I like it with Porcupine Tree and similar stuff, God Is An Astronaut... Manly less dynamic music.

I put silicone tips to get tighter and punchier bass. But it doesn't throw a hell of a party like VSD3S does...Nor even close.

Sometime ago, I was selecing music and skipped a track with B3. Later heard the same track with VSD3S and selected it to favourites. How can I missed it? How can it sound so bad with the Havi? True Story. VSD3S is a more dynamic player...It parties with another spirit. B3 seams dull in certain registries against it. BTW, it was a Rock track.

Still, B3 is a very special and unique player. But not in every genres I think, on the contrary. Of course, it's magical against VSD3S in certain because of it's tube amp alike sound :)

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #307 of 1,184
I thought people used B3 just for some kind of music registries...

For instance, I like it with Porcupine Tree and similar stuff, God Is An Astronaut... Manly less dynamic music.

I put silicone tips to get tighter and punchier bass. But it doesn't throw a hell of a party like VSD3S does...Nor even close.

Sometime ago, I was selecing music and skipped a track with B3. Later heard the same track with VSD3S and selected it to favourites. How can I missed it? How can it sound so bad with the Havi? True Story. VSD3S is a more dynamic player...It parties with another spirit. B3 seams dull in certain registries against it. BTW, it was a Rock track.

Still, B3 is a very special and unique player. But not in every genres I think, on the contrary. Of course, it's magical against VSD3S in certain because of it's tube amp alike sound :)

I have to disagree with you. All that the VSD3S does better to my ears is bass impact. In everything else I feel like the B3 is superior..........

I prefer the B3's with 90-95% of everything I listen to.

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #308 of 1,184
Yes, maybe...
I like very much the B3 too.
But that extra bass impact and consequently warmth does make a lot of difference in some tracks...Also believe that the PRAT transmitted by the VSD3S is superior and make me get a better vibe...
And the sound "distortion" of B3 gives them the magic but it doesn't sound too cohesive and technical "perfect"/ aligned. So in very complex and dynamic tracks it doesn't sound so hi fi and clean like the VSD3S does IMHO.

Edit: Forgot to put the "S" in the last VSD3S.

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #309 of 1,184
I have to disagree with you. All that the VSD3S does better to my ears is bass impact. In everything else I feel like the B3 is superior..........

I prefer the B3's with 90-95% of everything I listen to.

Have to agree with peter123 about B3 vs. VSD3/3S. VSD3/3S's added warmth and fullness make them sound less dynamic to my ears compared to B3's more neutral sound signature.

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #310 of 1,184
What do you mean with less dynamic?

Maybe I'm understanding you. In B3, with a flatter signature, paraphs very slighty V shaped, you can have easier the perception of more details, hence finding it more dynamic?

But somehow it loses some excitement and warmth (the bass rumble for instante), things that maybe help with human perception of dynamics I think...

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #312 of 1,184
The vsd3s to my ears had uncontrolled bass that sometimes leaked into the mids. The B3 with proper amping is tight and clear, much better for the music i prefer. Ymmv

Also today is the last day to sign up for the "2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange." You can search the site for the thread or use the link on my signature to sign up!

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #313 of 1,184
Yeah there's a few tracks I have to use my VSD3S over my B3. But the same can be said for the B3. I always skip The Civil Wars and Olafur Arnalds on the VSD3S and skip Chevelle's La Gargola on B3.

That's totally my point. And Chevelle is one of my favourite bands! So You know exactly what I mean :wink: God Is An Astronaut is amazing on the B3 likewise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back