Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jan 5, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #1,681 of 2,486
  Has anyone ever upgraded from the Havi B3 PRO 1, or is there really no other stronger offering on the market right now in the similar price range? I could look into Dunu's offerings, but they're a bit too pricey imo. Will take the previously mentioned Dunu Titans into consideration nontheless, though.
I kinda feel like I want something with a bigger thump in the low end and slightly less harsh on the highs, although I could dabble in EQ...

Also, there seems to be no news on the Havi B6 yet, after about a year or two of waiting.

Less bass and harsher highs are characteristic of fit issues. Try the Sensaphonics seal test with different tips to make sure you are getting a good fit.
If this is not the case, the Titan 1 may not be a wise option as they are definitely brighter and more fatiguing than the B3. I cannot say for sure if they are "harsher" since that is subjective.

I haven't tried any IEM(in the price range) that had both bigger bass and relaxed highs than the havi.
The 79$ RE400 is more relaxed in the highs but delivers lesser bass quantity while maintaining a warmish neutral sig.
The 70$ FiiO EX1 (which many have confirmed, sounds near identical to the Titan 1) delivers more bass but is brighter than the Havi.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #1,682 of 2,486

What sidegrades are there that compare? I don't care for much about the soundstage of the Havi, so I can trade that off in exchange for a slightly more refined sig.

And nontheless, my point still kinda stands. No news about the B6 Pirate.

Is there a word missing in there?  What iem under $100 has better soundstage and refined signature than Havi?

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #1,683 of 2,486
To all the responses, I'll consider EQ or a look at the Fiio EX1/Dunu Titan.
Also, how new is the "updated" Havi B3? I've seen a review that claims that there is an updated Havi.

I have a model packaged in the newer, box retail packaging. Is that the difference or has there been a substantial change I am unaware of?

Is there a word missing in there?  What iem under $100 has better soundstage and refined signature than Havi?

No, I meant that I can find an IEM under $100 with a more refined sig. I don't mind if it sacrifices on soundstage, however.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,684 of 2,486
I have added this information on the @B9Scrambler 's review comments and now I am copy/paste'ing it here:

Quote from @Baycode:
I believe @peter123 and @ozkan have already covered the sound differences in their review which were very spot on. The physical appearance of the product didn't change. A minor revision in the internal structure were made. If you have the new cardboard box with Pro1 hologram you should have the latest version already (these information were confirmed from the manufacturer). Just ask the seller for the new box before purchase, that will be fine...

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #1,685 of 2,486
So remember how some we noted these would be great to pair with some VR gear? Well....slightly less feasible now. Not because the Havi isn't good, but because VR gear is expensive! And I mean true VR gear and not just like adapters for your phone. Oculus VR is apparently $600 so 10x the price of the Havi is pretty steep.

Jan 7, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,687 of 2,486
  I wouldn't mind trying the new Havi. That thing was my pride and joy for over a year before I moved on. Maybe the new one is a touch better.

I compered the two versions side by side.

To my ears, the new edition has slightly fuller midrange and a tiny bit more mid bass. Nothing drastic but female vocals have a bit more weight and bass is a tiny bit more noticeable but since I used the older version so much, I was able to pick up the differences right away.

IMO, the new havi is the schiiit

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,688 of 2,486
I compered the two versions side by side.

To my ears, the new edition has slightly fuller midrange and a tiny bit more mid bass. Nothing drastic but female vocals have a bit more weight and bass is a tiny bit more noticeable but since I used the older version so much, I was able to pick up the differences right away.

IMO, the new havi is the schiiit

I do agree with Tamal :)) it' s da schiit and we loved it :wink:

BTW I am comparig the new tuning with DT150 (yess a full sized can) and even as being an iem (Havi) I found its sound very com
petitive. Another note, I found the imaging of Havi (virtual placement of instruments) even better. But dont try these comparisons at home. Its a "no no" in headfi to compare a full sized hp to an iem. Just saying...

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #1,689 of 2,486
I do agree with Tamal
smily_headphones1.gif
) it' s da schiit and we loved it
wink.gif

BTW I am comparig the new tuning with DT150 (yess a full sized can) and even as being an iem (Havi) I found its sound very conpetitive. Another note, I found the imaging of Havi (virtual placement of instruments) even better. But dont try these comparisons at home. Its a "no no" in headfi to compare a full sized hp to an iem. Just saying...

Haha you like to flirt with danger my friend, watch out for the head-fi ninjas as they try to educate you on why you can't compare the two :p

I am more than happy comparing my Havi to full size cans and I dare say, the Havi more than holds its own :wink:

Also, I am find great great synergy between the New Pro 1 and the VE RunABOUT amp. I am feeding it with the geek out V2 dac. How do you find the RA and Pro 1 combo Baybars? @peter123 Get in on the action Peter :p  How do you guys run your Pro 1 usually?

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #1,690 of 2,486
  So remember how some we noted these would be great to pair with some VR gear? Well....slightly less feasible now. Not because the Havi isn't good, but because VR gear is expensive! And I mean true VR gear and not just like adapters for your phone. Oculus VR is apparently $600 so 10x the price of the Havi is pretty steep.

to be fair, there are people paying more than that for cables alone :p

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,691 of 2,486
Haha you like to flirt with danger my friend, watch out for the head-fi ninjas as they try to educate you on why you can't compare the two :p

I am more than happy comparing my Havi to full size cans and I dare say, the Havi more than holds its own :wink:

Also, I am find great great synergy between the New Pro 1 and the VE RunABOUT amp. I am feeding it with the geek out V2 dac. How do you find the RA and Pro 1 combo Baybars? @peter123
 Get in on the action Peter :p  How do you guys run your Pro 1 usually?

Depending on where I am I use either FiiO X3/Cayin C5 combo, GeekOut 720 or my new favorite combo with the tube DAC in my main stereo system combined with the Matrix M-stage....

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #1,692 of 2,486
Depending on where I am I use either FiiO X3/Cayin C5 combo, GeekOut 720 or my new favorite combo with the tube DAC in my main stereo system combined with the Matrix M-stage....

Nice! The last combo especially sounds pretty nice :)  I need to get an amp thats smaller than the RA, so its easier to take outside with me haha. 

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,693 of 2,486
Nice! The last combo especially sounds pretty nice :)  I need to get an amp thats smaller than the RA, so its easier to take outside with me haha. 

Yeah, it works great around the house but is too large for truly portable use. The RA sounds great with the B3's as well.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1,694 of 2,486
RedJohn456
Tamal, I generally use them through my Cozoy Aegis only. I havent tried the new tuning from RA, but I will (and inform the thread)...

For tonight I am using TabS -> Aegis -> Darkvoice TH336SE (Front Philips 6SN7GTB, rear RCA Strategic Air Command 6AS7G military tubes). I have to note that Havi needs similar volume from this OTL tube amp as 250 Ohm Beyer DT150's.

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #1,695 of 2,486

Second pair I've fixed, first pair was near the plug so I reterminated it, this pair I did a recable with silver-plated copper (OCC spec but I doubt it because it was cheap off ebay), I feel that they sound more lively but I had 2 hours in between stock and new cable and I don't have the another pair to AB test

Which is + and -ve terminals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back