Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
May 6, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #871 of 2,486
:)

Tell me more about this "Bass Fart". Would this be the same Distortion I experienced when using Pretty good Volume/power levels and Eqing High Bass/ sub Bass Levels or adding a Bass Boost? I'm beginning to think that even though these are inefficient, you CAN overdrive the BAs with TOO MUCH, (too much Power, too much Volume, too much Bass). My pair received in the new Packaging Have little or no Channel imbalance, at least that I noticed.

:) :) TWIN

What BA's?

May 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #872 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry Peter Dual Balanced Dynamic Drivers. I've been playing around with too many headsets and reading too many reviews lately. I will Fix the post. (I was just looking at the TTPOD T2).

confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif
TWIN

May 6, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #873 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry Peter Dual Balanced Dynamic Drivers. I've been playing around and reading too many reviews lately. I will Fix the post.

confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif
TWIN

There are Dual BALANCED Dynamic Drivers now??? I might still be super tired this morning but I don't think that exists yet unless the boys down in the lab have made another new cool thing in audio. Haha, don't worry Twin, I'm just yanking your chain
tongue_smile.gif

May 6, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #874 of 2,486
smily_headphones1.gif
HEY, That is what Havi calls them. Maybe their translation into Engrish isn't quite correct?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 6, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #875 of 2,486
:) Sorry Peter Dual Balanced Dynamic Drivers. I've been playing around with too many headsets and reading too many reviews lately. I will Fix the post. (I was just looking at the TTPOD T2).

:confused_face_2: :confused_face_2: TWIN

Lol, no problem. Thought it was just a mistake just don't anyone to get confused :wink:

May 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #876 of 2,486
biggrin.gif
CONFUSED? That ship sailed for Moi a long time ago, after about 4 hours of reading these Head-fi threads......

I now know WAY more than I need to about the X3ii except whether or not I should buy the DX90 instead.

No one has a definitive view on this.....

eek.gif
eek.gif
TWIN

May 9, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #878 of 2,486

smily_headphones1.gif

Tell me more about this "Bass Fart". Would this be the same Distortion I experienced when using Pretty good Volume/power levels and Eqing High Bass/ sub Bass Levels or adding a Bass Boost? I'm beginning to think that even though these are inefficient, you CAN overdrive the Balanced Dynamics with TOO MUCH, (too much Power, too much Volume, too much Bass). My pair received in the new Packaging Have little or no Channel imbalance, at least that I noticed.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Yes. At higher volumes this starts to occur at bassy freqs, but my concern is that this happens in one channel (left), meaning that I am now going to RMA this pair since LMUE has finally responded!
atsmile.gif

There is also a tad bit of channel imbalance (right seems stronger/louder than left) so I will hopefully get a better pair!

May 9, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #879 of 2,486
  Yes. At higher volumes this starts to occur at bassy freqs, but my concern is that this happens in one channel (left), meaning that I am now going to RMA this pair since LMUE has finally responded!
atsmile.gif

There is also a tad bit of channel imbalance (right seems stronger/louder than left) so I will hopefully get a better pair!

Good luck! I think there's a certain point with how tolerable the channel imbalance is though. I'm actually pretty sure I've got channel imbalance, but it's not really noticeable when I'm listening to both of them. If I listen and compare, then yes there's a little bit, but nothing to make me return it.

May 19, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #880 of 2,486
I got back my Havis today with the wider bore custom silicone tips and I am in heaven. I am getting a perfect seal and the perfect sound. Holy crap its soundstage is so big. It all around my head and I can hear every little detai. I have had this iem since last year and I am still amazed by this little beauty to this day. 

Hard to belive it costs what it does! If anyone really loves the heck out of their havi and wants to get its full potential get custom tips for them. I got the reusable ones so they work with other iems as well. 

Now all I need is a good amp to take it to the next level. Cant wait :D

May 19, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #881 of 2,486
  I got back my Havis today with the wider bore custom silicone tips and I am in heaven. I am getting a perfect seal and the perfect sound. Holy crap its soundstage is so big. It all around my head and I can hear every little detai. I have had this iem since last year and I am still amazed by this little beauty to this day. 

Hard to belive it costs what it does! If anyone really loves the heck out of their havi and wants to get its full potential get custom tips for them. I got the reusable ones so they work with other iems as well. 

Now all I need is a good amp to take it to the next level. Cant wait :D

which custom ones, the ACS?......

May 21, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #884 of 2,486

Helped my friend reterminate his havi's which had cut out problem by the plug. Then i'll be helping another re cable his havi's when wiring arrives. The cable seems to break easily on these earphones as well as driver imbalance which is a shame because they are quite good asides from being very power-hungry. 

May 21, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #885 of 2,486
Job well done! Looks good buddy. I haven't had any issues with my plug. I personally wouldn't have liked that one too much cuz I prefer right-angle jacks, but it looks really well done. Props to you cuz I definitely wouldn't be able to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back