Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Feb 2, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #376 of 2,486
  I've been looking around online and I can't find over-the-ear guides to use with my Havi's. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Here you go, they're hard to find because they're called 'ear hooks'.

Click here and scroll down. http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo1OntzOjg6ImNhdGVnb3J5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6ODoiZWFyIGhvb2siO3M6MToieCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE6InkiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxODoic2VhcmNoX2VuY29kZV90aW1lIjtpOjE0MjI4ODAyMTM7fQ==

In other news, I picked up another pair of Havi after selling my first unit. Looking forward to hearing them again.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #378 of 2,486
I have used mine B3 with Vsonic over-the-ear guide, and fit very well for me.

Click here and scroll down. http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo1OntzOjg6ImNhdGVnb3J5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6ODoia2V5d29yZHMiO3M6ODoiZWFyIGhvb2siO3M6MToieCI7czoxOiIwIjtzOjE6InkiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxODoic2VhcmNoX2VuY29kZV90aW1lIjtpOjE0MjI4ODAyMTM7fQ==

In other news, I picked up another pair of Havi after selling my first unit. Looking forward to hearing them again.

Awesome, thanks! Congrats on getting more Havi's! Really enjoying mine, I just want to make sure the cables last as long as possible.

I have used mine B3 with Vsonic over-the-ear guide, and fit very well for me.

Thanks Alan, I've got a pair of Vsonic's on my To-Buy list, so that'll definitely be helpful.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #379 of 2,486

Nice tip! I've been looking for a pair of these things too. =)

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #380 of 2,486
I suppose the cable would break near the earphone, so ear-hooks aren`t going to help in this case?

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #381 of 2,486
  I suppose the cable would break near the earphone, so ear-hooks aren`t going to help in this case?

This happened to my last IEMs, the rubber wire covers cracked right where they come over the tops of my ears...

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #382 of 2,486
Weird thing is, my Havi B3 Pro 1's came with some ear guides. I've noticed mine were packaged differently than what other people had. Instead of the clear plastic box, mine came in a cardboard box. It also came with a different carrying case and some ear guides. I bought mine from mp4nation.net if that makes a difference.

Here's a picture of the packaging and accessories it came with:

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #383 of 2,486

This happened to my last IEMs, the rubber wire covers cracked right where they come over the tops of my ears...

Did not know that, so ear-hooks might help in such situation probably.

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #384 of 2,486
  Weird thing is, my Havi B3 Pro 1's came with some ear guides. I've noticed mine were packaged differently than what other people had. Instead of the clear plastic box, mine came in a cardboard box. It also came with a different carrying case and some ear guides. I bought mine from mp4nation.net if that makes a difference.

Nice! Yeah mine came in the clear box, and there were a couple extra plastic bags outside the box with more ear tips and stuff. But no ear guides... Oh well

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #385 of 2,486

Hm that looks like the box that LMUE is stocking as well. Probably a newer batch. That case looks nicer and seems slightly bigger. Mine didn't have the earhooks and the shirt clip.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #386 of 2,486

This is the newest packaging that Havi has put out, and is available from all the authorized dealers afaik. LMUE, Penon, MP4 Nation. I must admit, the newer presentation is quite classy and quite well done on Havi's Part. Can't wait to see what they do with the B6 packaging.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #387 of 2,486
Seems I am late for the hype train:

I just want to say that a bass-boosted Havi by the e07k finally made me join in. I heard these for the whole day and classical music was never more enjoyable. 

The Topping NX1 and Havi is not a good combo imo, too cold, sibilant and weak bass.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #388 of 2,486

I just want to say that a bass-boosted Havi by the e07k finally made me join in. I heard these for the whole day and classical music was never more enjoyable. 

The Topping NX1 and Havi is not a good combo imo, too cold, sibilant and weak bass.

Oddly enough, the material of the tips also affect how much bass you get. The stock tips give a lot of bass. Wider bore tips reduce bass a bit, but makes it more puncy. You can get a warmer midrange depending on which tip you use. I can get warmer ones when using tougher silicone on the tips versus softer silicone. You would be surprised how tip dependant this headphone is. But it is possible to get a warm signature before using EQ, but it takes a bit of experimentation. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #389 of 2,486

I've been having the same feelings in regards to my NX1 and my Havi's. I feel like I get a better sound out of my Havi's coming straight out of my iPhone 6 plus. On the other hand, laptop -> NX1 -> Havi's = awesome sound. It's really all about trying out all the possible combinations to see what works together well.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #390 of 2,486

Oddly enough, the material of the tips also affect how much bass you get. The stock tips give a lot of bass. Wider bore tips reduce bass a bit, but makes it more puncy. You can get a warmer midrange depending on which tip you use. I can get warmer ones when using tougher silicone on the tips versus softer silicone. You would be surprised how tip dependant this headphone is. But it is possible to get a warm signature before using EQ, but it takes a bit of experimentation. 

Maybe I'll try some different tips. I've been really happy with using my UE600 tips on my Havi's with my iPhone, but I'm planning on buying a Fiio X1 soon, so things might change...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back