Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jan 17, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #301 of 2,486
  Guys, I wonder how about B3 play Classical music, esp. symphony? Anyone can compare it with trifi10? How about B3 on classical/symphony when comparing with trifi 10?

In the old B3 thread, user analogsurvivor (i think) mixes actual symphonies and thinks the B3 is absolutely superb for classical music.  

I'm very curious of the same thing! I listen to quite a bit of classical music as well as Symphonies. My B3 pro 1s are coming in the mail, so when I get them I'll post my impressions on the matter. But until then...

See above

Hay guys I'm new hear to head fi 
bigsmile_face.gif

As you already might tell I'm already very interested in getting the havis for my noble quest in searching for great sound.

Ok so as of right now I have the audio-technica m40x headphones which I've become very attached to as my first step
towards quality headphones 
L3000.gif

Does anyone here by any chance have heard this set and could perhaps compair the two ?
Or if not the similar sounding 50x?

The B3 blows away the 40x, but you absolutely need an amp.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #303 of 2,486
  In the old B3 thread, user analogsurvivor (i think) mixes actual symphonies and thinks the B3 is absolutely superb for classical music.  

See above

From those descriptions, I believe it should be good to classical. But I wonder especially for symphony, that is, high dynamics. But without enough bass, it cannot work very well. That's why I wonder how it compared to trifi 10.

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #304 of 2,486
I find the Havis to be very good for symphonies. The bass is not lacking at all. Even if a whole orchestra is playing, you can year individual bass notes very clear.

For me, I dont understand the need of an amp, my Samsung i9000 drives them very well at -30dB.

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #306 of 2,486
these iems are really the kind you have to try before you believe what everyone is raving about, i too was skeptic at first but then i bought them and now im a believer.

beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #307 of 2,486
Hey guys. I just wanted to leave some of my impressions on the B3. I finally got them a few days ago, along with my NX1 about a week prior. I'm not an audiophile and have little experience, so take these impressions for what they are worth.

As is already well-established, these phones are definitely tip sensitive. I tried a couple of the tips that came with the B3 but didn't really like them. The bi-flange tips didn't isolate for me. The sound was thin and flat dull. The foam tips did seal but I felt like the sound stage shrunk and the sound became a bit darker. Then I tried a pair of small, clear, wide bore tips that came with my old Smasung Galaxy S3 stock earphones. Perfect! The B3 came to life. 

Based on what I remember of my RE0, the B3 is definitely fuller. I never felt like the RE0 was anaemic in terms of bass as such, but I think if I listened to them after the B3 I would change my mind. I seem to remember the RE0 having more sparkling highs and being a touch more detailed, but nowhere near the separation and sound stage of the B3. In that respect the B3 may be considered more revealing. The bass is just how I wanted it with the B3: it's absolutely there but it's kept in its place. My only issue so far is to do with the housing rubbing against my outer ear on the right side. This isn't a huge issue though as I only noticed it when I put pressure on the piece or pull them in and out. It's not a big pain or anything.

I do find amping makes a difference, so thank you for pointing me towards the NX1. It noticeably improves sound stage and adds a tiny boost to the bass. I haven't tried the B3 with a dedicated MP3 player yet (waiting on a cable for my Cowon S9), but it still sounds great from my phone, iPad, and run-of-the-mill PC. Looking forward to hearing how 'proper' sources sound.

It works well with everything I've thrown at it - metal, jazz, classical, electronic... My favourite experiences so far are:
Hausegger's 'Nature Symphony' (classical)
Death - Individual Thought Patterns [Remastered] (death metal)
Jimmy Smith - Root Down (jazz/funk)
Electric Masada - At The Mountains of Madness (jazz/free jazz)
Joanna Newsom - Ys (alt. folk)
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing... (prog rock)

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #308 of 2,486
Hay guys I'm new hear to head fi :bigsmile_face:

As you already might tell I'm already very interested in getting the havis for my noble quest in searching for great sound.

Ok so as of right now I have the audio-technica m40x headphones which I've become very attached to as my first step
towards quality headphones :L3000:

Does anyone here by any chance have heard this set and could perhaps compair the two ?
Or if not the similar sounding 50x?

See above

I have both of them and I wouldn't say that the Havis blow the M40x out of the water for me. Just did a quick a/b on them, the sound is just different. The Havis have a bigger soundstage, sound brighter and are more convenient to bring around. The M40x in comparison sounds more closed in due to the closed back, and is darker and the warmer. Bass is much stronger, and isolation is rather better.

I like both of them very much and switch between them when I feel like it. :D

Edit: forgot to specify that my source is a Fiio X3 which has a plenty powerful amp and that I'm using the included dual flange tips for the Havis

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #309 of 2,486
  I find the Havis to be very good for symphonies. The bass is not lacking at all. Even if a whole orchestra is playing, you can year individual bass notes very clear.

For me, I dont understand the need of an amp, my Samsung i9000 drives them very well at -30dB.

It's better A/B it with something like trifi 10 or ie8/80.

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #312 of 2,486
Hey guys, I'm new to the community and I've been reading everything I can on the B3P1's and I'm ready to buy. When I go to amazon and search for them, I get 3 products that seem like they're identical. Can someone help me make sure I buy the right ones? I don't want to enhanced bass versions. Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/B3-Pro-Driver-Earphones-Version/dp/B00N6JSBCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421690786&sr=8-1&keywords=havi+b3+pro+old+version

http://www.amazon.com/B3-Driver-Pro-In-Ear-Earphones/dp/B00LQDIGTC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZFXGM5QXF4NEZG1MNAG

http://www.amazon.com/Havi-Pro-Dual-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00LXRIBI2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZFXGM5QXF4NEZG1MNAG

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #313 of 2,486
Hey guys, I'm new to the community and I've been reading everything I can on the B3P1's and I'm ready to buy. When I go to amazon and search for them, I get 3 products that seem like they're identical. Can someone help me make sure I buy the right ones? I don't want to enhanced bass versions. Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/B3-Pro-Driver-Earphones-Version/dp/B00N6JSBCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421690786&sr=8-1&keywords=havi+b3+pro+old+version

http://www.amazon.com/B3-Driver-Pro-In-Ear-Earphones/dp/B00LQDIGTC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZFXGM5QXF4NEZG1MNAG

http://www.amazon.com/Havi-Pro-Dual-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00LXRIBI2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZFXGM5QXF4NEZG1MNAG

Any help would be very much appreciated!

If I were you, I would just go with the ones being sold from Lend Me Ur Ears. I've heard their name often on here; a reputable seller.

All three items look legit, and I haven't heard of widespread fake havis, but if they're supplied by lendmeurears and shipped by Amazon you can be confident in your purchase.

Jan 19, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #314 of 2,486
They look like the same version but sold by different outlets (under 'In Stock' it says 'Ships and sold by [company name]'). If you're unsure, go to the company websites and check out the item details, or send them a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back