Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Nov 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #46 of 2,486
Thought struck me when I saw Tyll's measurements: Could there be a few non-pro B3's floating around out there, labeled as Pros..?

I resoldered the drivers to parallell and that opened them up significantly. The bloated upper bass also diminished.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #47 of 2,486
Unfortunately I don't have the box anymore. But I think there was just a red dot. There were no text saying "pro" anywhere on the box IIRC

Hmmm.....no idea then haha. Mine actually said Pro 1 on the dot, but maybe it comes marked differently depending on where you got it from. I recall older posts also saying if the box has a red dot, then it's the Pro 1. And regarding parallel vs. series, maybe pm peter123? He did you could do that after all if you've got questions
smile.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #48 of 2,486
Thought struck me when I saw Tyll's measurements: Could there be a few non-pro B3's floating around out there, labeled as Pros..?

I resoldered the drivers to parallell and that opened them up significantly. The bloated upper bass also diminished.

You opened them and resoldered into parallel? Now that's some nice DIY work! I wonder if that's what people could do with the B3 Pro 2.....

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #49 of 2,486
marcswede said:

Where did you get yours from? I'll (very likely) be ordering it and I'll probably steer clear from the place you bought it. 

Also, does LMUE include the Senn Double Flanges?

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #50 of 2,486
Hmmm.....no idea then haha. Mine actually said Pro 1 on the dot, but maybe it comes marked differently depending on where you got it from. I recall older posts also saying if the box has a red dot, then it's the Pro 1. And regarding parallel vs. series, maybe pm peter123? He did you could do that after all if you've got questions :smile:

Yeah, hope we can get him to sort this out. I can pm him tomorrow ( it's 3 AM in Sweden and Norway atm :wink: )
Where did you get yours from? I'll (very likely) be ordering it and I'll probably steer clear from the place you bought it.

I got them from PenonAudio. They have always been prompt and nice to deal with. I'm sure it was an honest mistake if they send me the non-pro version instead of the pro (they were priced the same, just tuned differently).

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #51 of 2,486

Yep, they do. 

I'm still playing around with mine and listening to different things, but I've just gotten swamped with real life stuff and I'm trying to take it easy more than analyze things tonight. 

Also, peter, come back. It's not the same without you... 
triportsad.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #52 of 2,486
To Sardar:

I'll be interested in what you think of the VC02. I remember when I had that and the ER4PT and I basically felt that the VC02 was extremely similar, but with less detail and ever so slightly tinier soundstage. My thoughts were that they were very neutral, probably the most neutral out of any sub $50 IEM, though I haven't tried out any of the newer Chinese IEMs. Coming from the Havi, they might sound a bit too in-your-head though, so don't expect too much. The cables also do get detached quite easily. 

It's a shame about the first thread though. I missed when it happened, too.

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #53 of 2,486
Ok guys, so after spending an evening with the B3, I'm starting to enjoy them quite a bit. I found that the tips from some SHE3590s sound great with these. I also find them to be absolutely perfect with Jazz and Classical (well, could use a bit more mids for classical, but who's complaining). I'm loving the open feel they have as well. They're extremely clear and detailed. Again, I'm sorry for not going into much depth, but I'm extremely tired and my brain isn't working 100% right now. I still would say it lacks the texture and crispness that the GR07 has, but makes up for it in that beautiful soundstage. I even feel like the bass is stronger on the Havis than the VSonic
L3000.gif
.  I'm still not sure whether I'll hang on to these or the GR07 long term, but I can definitely attest to the fact that these aren't hype and for $65 they're an incredible value. If you like a wide open stage with cold, bright clarity, this is your thing right here. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #54 of 2,486
  Ok guys, so after spending an evening with the B3, I'm starting to enjoy them quite a bit. I found that the tips from some SHE3590s sound great with these. I also find them to be absolutely perfect with Jazz and Classical (well, could use a bit more mids for classical, but who's complaining). I'm loving the open feel they have as well. They're extremely clear and detailed. Again, I'm sorry for not going into much depth, but I'm extremely tired and my brain isn't working 100% right now. I still would say it lacks the texture and crispness that the GR07 has, but makes up for it in that beautiful soundstage. I even feel like the bass is stronger on the Havis than the VSonic
L3000.gif
.  I'm still not sure whether I'll hang on to these or the GR07 long term, but I can definitely attest to the fact that these aren't hype and for $65 they're an incredible value. If you like a wide open stage with cold, bright clarity, this is your thing right here. 

slower decay but more sub-bass and more body
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #55 of 2,486
As of today, I'm on my way to joining the Havi family! It'll be ordered later along with an NX1 & FiiO L9 LOD for my iPod Touch 4G. Also, is any burn-in required on these? I'd like to blow my mind with the first listen 
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #57 of 2,486

Hmmm....weird experience for marcswede. I got mine from Penon Audio as well and I'm very happy with them. I heard people have problems with waiting several weeks when ordered from LMUE, but I got mine from Penon in a week and a half.
  As of today, I'm on my way to joining the Havi family! It'll be ordered later along with an NX1 & FiiO L9 LOD for my iPod Touch 4G. Also, is any burn-in required on these? I'd like to blow my mind with the first listen 
tongue.gif

Just sit back a relax as far as I'm concerned
etysmile.gif

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #58 of 2,486

Hmmm....weird experience for marcswede. I got mine from Penon Audio as well and I'm very happy with them. I heard people have problems with waiting several weeks when ordered from LMUE, but I got mine from Penon in a week and a half.

Just sit back a relax as far as I'm concerned
etysmile.gif

no prob with LMUE, think i got mine under a week. and yes it comes with double flangers

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #59 of 2,486
Guys, I've having such trouble deciding what I prefer between these and the Gr07s. The soundstage and clarity of the Havi are so engrossing, but the warmth and textures of the VSonic are absolutely sublime. Every time I put one in my ears I find something I like better than the others, and vice versa. This is seriously tough. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #60 of 2,486
I talked to Peter about my pair and he says the pro1 has the drivers in series while the pro2 has them in parallel with an added resistor.

That means I do have a pro1, exactly as I ordered.

My apologies to penonaudio. They did send me the right version :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back