Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Nov 6, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 2,486

It seems like the Havi's are colder sounding in comparison to most of the stuff from VSonic (er, well at least what I've listend to :p). I've listened to the GR06 and VSD3S and they're definitely warmer than the B3s. Much like the VSD3S, I think these are a great set for what they cost. Really liking the recent times in the audiophile world; we're starting to get some REALLY good offerings barely costing more than $50! That's a total win on all fronts in my book!

GR07 is not warm at all.........the treble is the worst part of gr07.

Caution--------If u have been listening to gr07 for a while u will not feel it but leave it for a month and its very sharp.Sadly i was not listening for a month and treble has returned as brain has adapted to havi/m3

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #17 of 2,486
  Annnnnnnnndddddd.......I'm back.Wanted to vent and address a couple things I missed in the final few pages of the old thread. Can't just stop sticking with the B3 community just cuz the old thread gets locked by a couple of people who started a bit of row. Even in such a great place as Head-Fi, the fact still holds true a couple of people slightly too vocal about their opinions can ruin a very good thing. Everyone just needs to understand OPINION; it's not the end-all-be-all of any topic, especially one as subjective as sound quality.

BTW, if anyone claims that I don't have much experience in the sound quality arena, I welcome the comment and astute observation. A simple click to my profile shows I haven't had the chance to test out that much stuff; not everyone has the means and budget to. What you WILL notice is that I listen to sets considered to have fairly good audio fidelity by a sizable chunk of the Head-Fi community, so don't be so quick to dismiss my musings :p.

Now with all that outta my system, a fresh start for the new thread! How much trolling do you plan to do here @sardar17? Haha, I jest, but thanks a bunch for starting this one. I only skimmed the last bits of the old thread, but what IEMs did you recently say you were getting to test out?

Troll all u want but never insult anyone is my moto.
wink.gif

I am getting vc02 in 2 days time.

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #18 of 2,486
  I just got my Havis. I'll try to go into some more detailed impressions when I get some time, but my initial reaction is, "damn, these things ain't no joke." I started up with "Brothers in Arms" since so many people bring up Dire Straits when talking about the Havis. The image and soundstage are excellent, as everyone said (though I have to admit, I was expecting better than it was, based some claims). Everything's nice and clear and to my ear it has more of an analytical tilt. Comparing them to the GR07, I can't say I'd put them ahead but they're good stuff. For 60% the price, they're doing just fine. GR07 sounds a lot more natural and warm, where the Havi seems somewhat cold in comparison. Anyway, I need to spend some more time with them but I can definitely see what the hype is about. 

Pretty much how I feel about the Havi's. I too do find it a bit dry sounding in the mids, my e11k did tend to help, so too with the bass impact. Can't wait to get my GR07's.

If you can, do comment on the treble. That's my only concern with the vsonics. 
Also, have you tried the white tips on the GR07?

Good to know you liked them. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #19 of 2,486

Due to some unfortunate squabbling the version 1.0 thread has been put down by the moderators.

Please be amicable in this thread.

1)Don't reply to a post you don't like
2)If u want to pick fights please use the pm route
3)If a person goes offensive pm him/her or just ignore rather than pressing the red flag as it will again result in locking of thread

The credit of this thread is to @Baycode who started version 1.0 of the thread with a review.

The previous locked thread is here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread

Thanks for starting the thread. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #20 of 2,486
  Pretty much how I feel about the Havi's. I too do find it a bit dry sounding in the mids, my e11k did tend to help, so too with the bass impact. Can't wait to get my GR07's.

beerchug.gif

If u are sensitive to treble u cannot like both gr07 and havi.
Eventually u will sell one
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #21 of 2,486

beerchug.gif

I actually find the treble more tolerable on my GR07 than on the Havi. The Havi's treble feels a bit more strident in the 10-12k region like the VSD3S. The GR07 is more harsh in the 5-6k area. That is to say, the cymbal work is not as harsh, but vocals can be. If you have a problem with the treble, the MH1 tips are a good option on the GR07. I tried the white tips on my GR07 briefly, and they do improve the stage a bit, but I still prefer the focus and detail of the stock tips.

More impressions: I'm finding the Havi lacks dynamic range in comparison to both the VSD3S and GR07. The Havi's image is almost a combination of those two. It's a little wider than the GR07 and a little deeper than the VSD3. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #22 of 2,486

I actually find the treble more tolerable on my GR07 than on the Havi. The Havi's treble feels a bit more strident in the 10-12k region like the VSD3S. The GR07 is more harsh in the 5-6k area. That is to say, the cymbal work is not as harsh, but vocals can be. If you have a problem with the treble, the MH1 tips are a good option on the GR07. I tried the white tips on my GR07 briefly, and they do improve the stage a bit, but I still prefer the focus and detail of the stock tips.

More impressions: I'm finding the Havi lacks dynamic range in comparison to both the VSD3S and GR07. The Havi's image is almost a combination of those two. It's a little wider than the GR07 and a little deeper than the VSD3. 

correct.
If u are used to treble gr07 is technically the better set.

Thats a big if and majority who leave gr07 are affected by sibilance.

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #23 of 2,486

Funny thing, I was just about to post that I find the XE800 lacking dynamic range, 3D feeling and soundstage depth compared to the B3's. I find them a bit lifeless in away. I still enjoy them a lot but to my ears the B3's are certainly more enjoyable. YMMV.

Edit: what tips are you using with the Havi's? I've never found them even remotely harsh.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #24 of 2,486
Funny thing, I was just about to post that I find the XE800 lacking dynamic range, 3D feeling and soundstage depth compared to the B3's. I find them a bit lifeless in away. I still enjoy them a lot but to my ears the B3's are certainly more enjoyable. YMMV.

Everyone is hearing differently,,,,to each his own
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #26 of 2,486

I experienced the harsh treble in the havi's for the first few hours. Actually I could hardly bear listening to Fun. songs..
For me it eventually smoothed out a bit.
Now after more than 100hrs either I've grown accustomed or because of burn in, somehow the havis opened up more and the treble became a lot less harsh.
Of course YMMV.

Thanks for the comparison.
beerchug.gif

Keep it coming. Lol

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #28 of 2,486

Yup! Which is why its quite fortunate when you find impressions similar to what you're hearing. Lol

No my contention is not in absolute terms when i comment on harshness or sibilance or midrange.
I am merely making a comparison between 3-4 different iem's and i am ashamed to say that i cannot pick one clear favourite.
mad.gif
among these.

But on topic havi has pretty smooth treble though m3 is even smoother and pro coppers barely have one treble peak...lol.****ty bass bloat monsters
tongue.gif
.Gr07 is the harshest but also with most authority and best timbre.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #30 of 2,486
  The beauty and curse of this hobby. Lol

And then vc02 is coming in 2 days to complicate things.
Damn these sub 100$ iem's,,,,i need to get a triple driver hybrid to have one favourite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back