Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 11, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #3,226 of 4,032
yeah the usp here is soundstage.
the usp in gr07 is treble and awesome timbre not to forget awesome all round performance.

the diff between these is pretty noticeable,the soundstage of b3 is too massive to ignore.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #3,227 of 4,032
u will need lots of time to adjust to sibilance of gr07 and the first reaction on hearing them will be yuk!

lol,but they will soon grow on u.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #3,228 of 4,032
yeah the usp here is soundstage.
the usp in gr07 is treble and awesome timbre not to forget awesome all round performance.

the diff between these is pretty noticeable,the soundstage of b3 is too massive to ignore.

Yeah you're sure right about the soundstage. What I adore about it is not just the width but the depth is also excellent.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #3,229 of 4,032
Mind u my gr07 mk2 has slight(maybe 5 pc) volume loss in my lelt ear and I will send it back tomorrow for warranty.

soundstage-b3>>>>gr07

u won't believe how big the diff feels ,damn like moving to an opera house.

bass-quantity almost same but havi is more loose compared to gr07 and nothing beats gr07 in drums.period.

but this diff is minor one,havi has pretty solid bass,certainly for all genres

mids-gr07 >b3 due to smaller soundstage feels cleaner with black background.havi is laid back due to giant soundstage

highs-sore spot for havi,extremely sweet,lacks punch and extension could be better,most noticeable aspect vs gr07

OTHER

timbre-gr07 has a distinct one,anyone having them knows what I mean

vocals overall-laid back in b3 again due to soundstage,some may not like it before proper brain in.i was one of those,lol.

clarity-b3 is extremely clear ,flat sounding iem.also lack of treble energy may make the vocals even more soft making it appear even more clear.

overall--its very very diff from gr07 and imho instead of going for others in 100$ range u should het this to feel what other side with massive soundstage feels like and trust me it beats gr07 for certain recordings especially classical ones.

The only weak spot that I can point out after a day of listening is treble which is even weaker than m3,forget about gr07.

Other being the build quality.

I will listen more and post more impressions later on especially vs m3.

Treble energy and detail had a decent increase going to my audio gd, not an ideal setup for iems obviously but it definitely improved, wish I still had the jds labs c5 or fiio e!7. Have to wait for nx1

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #3,230 of 4,032
very well then!

still the massive soundstage will take its toll on vocals,that cannot be undone.

but after some time when u go back to ur regular iem it feels damn congested.lol

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #3,231 of 4,032
Ya, luckily I'm going from havi b3 to hifiman he4 so soundstage is always there!

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #3,232 of 4,032
lol,true that.
I think a hardware enabled eq is a must to bring trele a notch up but even like this its a performer .mainly on account of how unbelievably clear it sounds.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,233 of 4,032
  1. [b]sardar17[/b] no offense but, how many impressions you can post in just one day, are you trying to set a new record or what?  
  2. sometimes it's getting annoying to be subscribed to a thread, same person posts and posts his roller coaster like feelings without tirelessly.

Please make all in one or two posts, and than we can also add something. 

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,234 of 4,032
My quick pro 1 vs 2, a fiio e11 on eq2 brings the bass out to a comprable level to a stock pro2. The pro 1 is definitely a little more power hungry. I'm not noticing a huge difference in the rest, the mids are a little more prominent and highs a little more clear. It may be that I've had them for a while now and only listened to the 1's a little, but right now I'm saying the 1 is a more detailed IEM, the 2 is a warmer and easier one to listen to.

This comparison came from listening to Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! and A Day to Remember, will update with more later

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #3,235 of 4,032
My quick pro 1 vs 2, a fiio e11 on eq2 brings the bass out to a comprable level to a stock pro2. The pro 1 is definitely a little more power hungry. I'm not noticing a huge difference in the rest, the mids are a little more prominent and highs a little more clear. It may be that I've had them for a while now and only listened to the 1's a little, but right now I'm saying the 1 is a more detailed IEM, the 2 is a warmer and easier one to listen to.

This comparison came from listening to Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! and A Day to Remember, will update with more later

Would it be worth owning both? I have a pro 1 on the way, but is the Pro 2 different enough to own as well? It would be awesome to have the characteristics of the Pro 1 but with a warmer signature and not as power hungry.

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3,238 of 4,032
I like bass and have seriously only had the 1 for an hour, and I've never had anything more expensive than these to compare it to, but at this moment is probably take the 2. Others have said that there are other IEMs that will do the same or better than the 2 for the same price, I don't know, I need to listen some more.

Will say the NX1 amp improves the sound some, not sure if I like it any more than my fiio e11 though.

Almost forgot, using the sennheiser double flange mediums on both of them

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #3,239 of 4,032

1. [b]sardar17[/b] no offense but, how many impressions you can post in just one day, are you trying to set a new record or what?  
  2. sometimes it's getting annoying to be subscribed to a thread, same person posts and posts his roller coaster like feelings without tirelessly.

Please make all in one or two posts, and than we can also add something. 

sorted out,,,sorry for the mess,i was using a cellphone

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #3,240 of 4,032
I like bass and have seriously only had the 1 for an hour, and I've never had anything more expensive than these to compare it to, but at this moment is probably take the 2. Others have said that there are other IEMs that will do the same or better than the 2 for the same price, I don't know, I need to listen some more.

Will say the NX1 amp improves the sound some, not sure if I like it any more than my fiio e11 though.

Almost forgot, using the sennheiser double flange mediums on both of them

Bass above pro 1 is excessive imho............for someone who loves a flat response

Users who are viewing this thread

Back