Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #3,106 of 4,032
Make sure they're on havi's approved seller list or I'd go with penon (although the wait is long, if that store has them in stock in the US then that may be better)

Just bought that Pro1 + NX1 combo :) will be sure to give my comparison

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #3,107 of 4,032
Oct 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #3,108 of 4,032
Popped them in for a quick 4 track test run. Definitely will be ordering an nx1 soon, but 3/4 vol on iPod touch gts them loud enough but you can tell there's extra to be unleashed here. Very very different sound Sig than how I recall re400 and re262. 262 just had these lush lovely mids. These are well well rounded from the few minutes I listened. Awesome soundstage and imaging, one track was a BTBAM track and these actually can keep up well enough in speed and attack. I am very excited about this purchase, and can't wait to amp them! Thanks to everyone for this thread, I had the vsds3 ordered but something happened w lmue so I managed to get these instead, very happy I did!

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3,110 of 4,032
Ya, to me, an amp won't change any can completely, yes it can help, but a lot of the time those changes are exaggerated. The change with the 262s with the jds labs c5 was there, but they were still great out of the iPod. I do have a feeling a good pairing amp with the b3s will add some more sense of air and imaging though. So, I am a treble head, love treble detail, hence owning the hifiman he4, what's a good tip to get some increased treble if I want it?

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3,111 of 4,032
Popped them in for a quick 4 track test run. Definitely will be ordering an nx1 soon, but 3/4 vol on iPod touch gts them loud enough but you can tell there's extra to be unleashed here. Very very different sound Sig than how I recall re400 and re262. 262 just had these lush lovely mids. These are well well rounded from the few minutes I listened. Awesome soundstage and imaging, one track was a BTBAM track and these actually can keep up well enough in speed and attack. I am very excited about this purchase, and can't wait to amp them! Thanks to everyone for this thread, I had the vsds3 ordered but something happened w lmue so I managed to get these instead, very happy I did!

These are my favorite iem for metal.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #3,112 of 4,032
These are my favorite iem for metal.

Great! Most of my iPod lineup is metal. That's one are the 262 wasn't great, these seem like they'll workout really well since they sound neutralish and natural, they just sound open and effortless to me. Not fun at all technically but that open sound is very engaging. I can't believe $60 iems sound like this.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #3,113 of 4,032
I need to stop reading this thread, until i get mine at least, too anxious already.

If you like metal, rock, and alternative music, check out "Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!" very wierd name but I love their music. Actually I think their genre would be considered punk.

I mentioned it a long time ago (I found this thread before it got double digits), in the first post there should be a list of eargasm songs, one I remember from near the start is forty six and two by tool which I think anything by them probably is

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #3,114 of 4,032
still waiting for mine but I am extremely sure on 1 thing.

nothing beats gr07 as far as drums are concerned but I too have mostly rock,metal,psychadelic stuff and am glad people with similar tastes are happy with this.

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #3,115 of 4,032
I would also like to add...I was expecting very big ear pieces based on reviews saying they can be uncomfortable. These aren't big at all, to me that is. They are very comfortable, cable could be better I suppose, but for price its very sturdy. I really at some point would like to try ear hooks if I can find some for sale separately. I've always worn iems up but the cable always moves to much, do you folks find ear hooks actually help with this?

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #3,117 of 4,032
Ya, to me, an amp won't change any can completely, yes it can help, but a lot of the time those changes are exaggerated. The change with the 262s with the jds labs c5 was there, but they were still great out of the iPod. I do have a feeling a good pairing amp with the b3s will add some more sense of air and imaging though. So, I am a treble head, love treble detail, hence owning the hifiman he4, what's a good tip to get some increased treble if I want it?

Try the biflanges included. They would seem to cater to your preferred sound and I do love them with metal too. The havis love acdc! 
beerchug.gif

I agree they're great unamped.. And yes with a good pairing amp you get a bit more airiness and to me better depth and dynamic..

Congrats!
Welcome!

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #3,118 of 4,032
Sardar17

No other iems, had re400 and re262. Have had multiple full size, currently own hifiman he4, modding a t50rp, and own a shure srh840 I never touch

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #3,120 of 4,032
thats a bummer as I wanted a side by side comparison with re-400

But still do elaborate on bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back