Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #3,091 of 4,032
  The problem I see with Sony is, while they're a great company and their products sound good they deem their devices as 'disposable products'.

Take for example a beautifully made, fantastic sounding NWZ-Z1050 Walkman I have here with me right now. The product sounds absolutely grand, up with the best DAPs I've heard, however being just a few years old the battery has become tired. Yet Sony will not replace or repair the battery, in their opinion, "it has passed it's life span" (in just a few years), they say "replace it with one of our new products" which leaves me searching high and low for a replacement battery I will need to solder and install myself. I do not like those kinds of  business morals.

You will not find a company like FiiO do that to their customers, at least not in just 2-3 years.

Same deal with play station systems. 2 of my friends had their PS3 dying in just a yr and Sony wouldn't do anything about it. They had to get it fixed locally at a computer repair shop where the shop owner said he gets many PS3 regularly for same type of fixing frequently. He claimed Sony was using inferior parts in them etc. I've still got Cowon D2+ from 2009 and didn't need battery replacement until 2013. I was still getting 8-9 hrs out of single charge(most files @320kbps mp3). On a Cowon forum someone replaced battery with a Nokia battery, so I did the same. There was a time when Sony name meant quality and longevity.

Yes , thanks for the description. It doesn't sound right, almost like you were sent the same pair back by accident. It maybe a bad batch . If you can get a refund this time possibly go through Penon Audio, my shop of choice.

Penon Audio is also listed on Havi.hk as their authorized international dealer. I wish I checked that before I ordered with LMUE.

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #3,092 of 4,032
  So far, I have bought 2 sets of the Havi's.  Is there some kind of quality issue with these?  Or, am I just real lucky?  MP4Nation said they found what the issue was but were out of stock atm.  I put them in and they sound like garbage.  Spent the next 45 min - 1 hour tip swapping.  From flanged, comply's triple flanged, small to bowling ball size.  They still sounded awful.  Am I the only one that has had an issue? 

Did they tell you what the issue was?

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #3,093 of 4,032
  I use Penon all the time!  They are also "bigbargainonline" at ebay.  Their "free gift" $10.00 earbuds are pretty good.  The only reason I got them from the other place was it was through Amazon and offered 2 day shipping.   I was in a hurry.  I learned now.

Penon has express shipping as well. I got the Havi B3 Pro 1 and VSD3 and New cable from them and express shipping in 3-5 days. I have been emailing them back and forth and their customer service is top notch.

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #3,094 of 4,032
My b3 is waiting for me in the mailbox at home, can't wait for tonight to give them a test run. I really am hoping I can try and compare them to the re262 I had, but memory is fuzzy its been a few months.

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #3,095 of 4,032
Anyone used an audio gd dac/amp with these? I'm going to try them out of 3 sources, iPod touch 2nd gen, HTC one, and pc to audio gd nfb 10se balanced dac/amp, running se obviously. Should be interesting.

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #3,097 of 4,032
Arrived, finally!

ab41tf.jpg

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #3,099 of 4,032
Anyone used an audio gd dac/amp with these? I'm going to try them out of 3 sources, iPod touch 2nd gen, HTC one, and pc to audio gd nfb 10se balanced dac/amp, running se obviously. Should be interesting.

I got my NFB 15 last monday. Still not plugged any IEM to it. Hopefully, i will try all my headphones on it on weekend

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #3,100 of 4,032
Re262 didn't sound great out of it, at 150 ohms. Havi b3 is 50 ohms right? Only way to know is to try it tonight hopefully

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,102 of 4,032
Seems like a pretty good deal..

Havi B3 Pro One + Topping NX1 portable amplifier:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/737665/havi-b3-pro-one-topping-nx-1-portable-amplifier

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #3,103 of 4,032
How does that amp compare to a fiio e11?

Idk how to delete a post (on phone)

Little look on here and varicose actually said it's better, plus it has the pro 1 so I can compare myself and probably sell the worse, I think I'm jumping on this.

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,104 of 4,032
Hi guys, just want to ask your opinion if this link is good.
http://www.amazon.com/Havi-Pro-Dual-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00LXRIBI2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1412820794&sr=1-1

It doesn't say old version but it states Pro 1. Thanks

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #3,105 of 4,032
  Hi guys, just want to ask your opinion if this link is good.
http://www.amazon.com/Havi-Pro-Dual-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00LXRIBI2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1412820794&sr=1-1

It doesn't say old version but it states Pro 1. Thanks

Yep, that should be the Pro 1 :wink:

And this is the seller's official store:
http://www.lendmeurears.com/havi-b3-pro-i/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back