Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #3,016 of 4,032
I know everyone here lives the pro1 and thinks the pro2 are crap in comparison, but has anyone tried both after fully being burnt in? I mistakenly ordered the pro 2 months back and have thoroughly enjoyed them. I am a bass lover and use a fiio e11 with bass boost with an iPhone 5c source, and I forget that these are IEMs sometimes, they are so comfortable and the sound is better than the angrier hd428s I had before, I just don't see how the pro1 could be that much better. I am also wondering if it could have anything to do with the music I use them for, mostly rock (seether, Paramore, chunk! No, Captain chunk!, tool, and similar), seems like that could be a big difference maker.

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #3,017 of 4,032
I know everyone here lives the pro1 and thinks the pro2 are crap in comparison, but has anyone tried both after fully being burnt in? I mistakenly ordered the pro 2 months back and have thoroughly enjoyed them. I am a bass lover and use a fiio e11 with bass boost with an iPhone 5c source, and I forget that these are IEMs sometimes, they are so comfortable and the sound is better than the angrier hd428s I had before, I just don't see how the pro1 could be that much better. I am also wondering if it could have anything to do with the music I use them for, mostly rock (seether, Paramore, chunk! No, Captain chunk!, tool, and similar), seems like that could be a big difference maker.

As u said u are bass lover,,,reviews already suggest it has much more bass than many people's likings.
That being said,,,yeah we need solid comparisons from same person having both of these
rolleyes.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #3,018 of 4,032
man lmue said it takes 2-3 days for order to reach asia?

It has been 1.5 days and status still shows awaiting shipment.

I paie extra 3$ for dhl shipment for the first time wrt lmue to get them fast.
Seriously am finding it difficult to wait any longer

If u get it from lemmur they ship the same day but they upload the status 2 days later or that's what happened to me, take like 3 days to give me my guide number and the 4 day they arrive xD . Im im Mexico by the way.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #3,019 of 4,032
  If u get it from lemmur they ship the same day but they upload the status 2 days later or that's what happened to me, take like 3 days to give me my guide number and the 4 day they arrive xD . Im im Mexico by the way.

Just mailed them,theyupdated status 1 minute later and it shows shipped.
Now india is just close to singapore,,,expecting delivery in a day or two
beyersmile.png
,,,i have ordered 2 times from lmue previously with free shipping option and it takes about 7-10 days so this time opted for DHL.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #3,020 of 4,032

The Pro2 are not crap it's just for what they do you can get better and cheaper alternatives. That's not the case with Pro1.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #3,021 of 4,032
I too am interested in a very detailed comparison between the Pro 1 and Pro 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0jMgXcfoy8&list=UUMiJRAwDNSNzuYeN2uWa0pA
This was the video that introduced me to the Havis as well as Chinese IEMs in general. I was actually all set to buy it but all the posts claiming that the Pro 2 were inferior made me hesitate then change my mind and go for the pro 1s.

I am a fan of a warmer siganature (I am rocking a JVC FR201) so I was initially interested in the Pro 2's but I am willing to venture outside my comfort zone and experience the wonder that is Havi Pro 1! But a part of me still wonders if I am choosing the right one!

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,022 of 4,032
The Pro 1s are definetly NOT warm, i can promise you that. They are by far the coldest, analytical headphones I heard. However it is too cold for me (missing lower mids around 500hz-1khz), so i EQed them to sound more cosy :wink: Makes them sound better imho.

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #3,023 of 4,032
The Pro 1s are definetly NOT warm, i can promise you that. They are by far the coldest, analytical headphones I heard. However it is too cold for me (missing lower mids around 500hz-1khz), so i EQed them to sound more cosy
wink.gif
Makes them sound better imho.

Man you and I surely here these different. I'd aslo say they're on the warm side (in the same way as Q701).

Oct 7, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #3,026 of 4,032
Of course it is
wink.gif
However the Q701 is no warm headphone either imho ;D The K712 is much warmer for example
wink.gif
However, personal preference it is, indeed
wink.gif

I totally agree, that's why this site and hobby is so interesting. I didn't find the Q701 particulary warm either until I got the DT880's and realised I missed the warmth from the Q's.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #3,027 of 4,032
I don't have any high end headphones to compressor them to (maybe one day after college when I have money), but the pro2 to me seems far more detailed than any other headphone or speaker system I've heard (although none were anything special), but they retained the warmth and easy listening so I can listen for very long periods

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #3,028 of 4,032
I don't have any high end headphones to compressor them to (maybe one day after college when I have money), but the pro2 to me seems far more detailed than any other headphone or speaker system I've heard (although none were anything special), but they retained the warmth and easy listening so I can listen for very long periods

Everything is relative in this world my friend,,,,,so without a reference good means nothing really.
But am happy that u are enjoying the pro 2
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #3,029 of 4,032
damn too slow.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 Location Time Piece
5 Customs status updated HONG KONG - HONG KONG 23:47
4 Departed Facility in SINGAPORE -
SINGAPORE
SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 21:43 1 Piece
3 Processed at SINGAPORE -
SINGAPORE
SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 21:16 1 Piece
2 Processed at SINGAPORE -
SINGAPORE
SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE 06:10 1 Piece
Monday, October 06, 2014 Location Time Piece
1 Shipment picked up

looks like coming via ship otherwise should have reached india and not hong kong.

and estimated date of delivery is shown as 14 oct,the hell.

whats the use of paying 3$ if its same as normal free shipping.lol

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #3,030 of 4,032
I seriously doubt e6 will be inadequate for havi b3.

On another note I think people with high impedance sources like walkmans need an amp as havi are rated at 32 ohms.

And the impedance of source should be 1/8 or lower than that of earphones for optimum performance,read it somewhere.

Either way am not gonna get an amp for just 1 iem,maybe e6 but nothing fancy as I want the portability of my clip+ intact.

I will jump to x5 directly later on

I might have been just a bit misunderstood on that post. It's not that the E6 is inadequate, it's perfectly fine, but I've heard there are better options if you're willing to trade off the portability and willing to pay just a little more. On balance, this is a great choice for me and probably a great choice for many others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back