Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 2, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,221 of 4,032
But @twister6 this part of your review makes me wonder a little bit :

"The sticky grip is like a super glue, perfect for this application; actually had to apply some force to separate these".

I need something which I can moderately easily remove and reattach. I will probably be doing this action on a daily basis. Can you say it is OK to use this tape for such a use?

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #2,222 of 4,032
  But @twister6 this part of your review makes me wonder a little bit :

"The sticky grip is like a super glue, perfect for this application; actually had to apply some force to separate these".

I need something which I can moderately easily remove and reattach. I will probably be doing this action on a daily basis. Can you say it is OK to use this tape for such a use?

I haven't used my E18 in a very long time, so that setup doesn't get daily use for sure.  On a daily basis velcro will be better.

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #2,223 of 4,032
I couldn't resist ordering a pair of the Pro-1s after reading through this thread, let's hope my first real pair of IEMs impresses!

Question though, how well will a C&C BH power these things, and will they sound good w/o amplification?

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #2,224 of 4,032
I've actually been searching for an elegant solution to my stacking problems, and after browsing through many threads, I came across something known as a '3M dual lock', and just bought a roll off it off amazon!

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #2,226 of 4,032
Well PB2 is the "highest model of portable AMP" that I am hearing from a (potential-) B3 user (if there had been any before forgive me).

If it has the ability to drive a planar HP like Hifiman HE-6 why not Havi :wink:

If you have opportunity to add a balanced connection jack and try the Havi's in a real balanced form that will be a very great input! :wink_face:

I am very excited to hear your impressions in the future:popcorn:

---------------------------------------------------------
@twister6
thanks for the information!  I will order it too :beerchug:

I'll give impressions but I might not be reterminating the Havis to the iBasso connector because I have no spares left and it's a bit of a bitch to do

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,227 of 4,032
I've actually been searching for an elegant solution to my stacking problems, and after browsing through many threads, I came across something known as a '3M dual lock', and just bought a roll off it off amazon!

I've been using dual lock for a while now and it is excellent. Make sure you get the low profile version

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #2,228 of 4,032
I've been using dual lock for a while now and it is excellent. Make sure you get the low profile version

+1. Low profile dual lock works great.

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #2,230 of 4,032
Low profile means less thickness when you have both sides affixed, which is what you want. Just make sure that it says "low profile" wherever you buy it from. This seems like a good deal, although 10' will last you a lifetime lol. I ended up spending close to $10 for 18" quite a while ago and have made it last quite well:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Profile-Reclosable-Fastener-10-Foot/dp/B0006HVM72

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #2,231 of 4,032
Low profile means less thickness when you have both sides affixed, which is what you want. Just make sure that it says "low profile" wherever you buy it from. This seems like a good deal, although 10' will last you a lifetime lol. I ended up spending close to $10 for 18" quite a while ago and have made it last quite well:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Profile-Reclosable-Fastener-10-Foot/dp/B0006HVM72

+ thanks ...gyx11 beat me to it ...cheers

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #2,232 of 4,032
+ thanks ...gyx11 beat me to it ...cheers

Yer welcome. Funny thing is I looked at one of the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" items, and found this one:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Reclosable-Fastener-TB4575-Profile/dp/B007OXK330/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0AK5W9DQV3BKJSWPFDNG

Not only is that cheaper (ie $16 for 10'), but apparently it is 0.098 inches thick as opposed to 0.105 inches thick. So it's a cheaper and lower profile low profile option! So it might be worth looking around a bit.

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #2,233 of 4,032
I couldn't resist ordering a pair of the Pro-1s after reading through this thread, let's hope my first real pair of IEMs impresses!

Question though, how well will a C&C BH power these things, and will they sound good w/o amplification?

Welcome to Havi Family ...

It should be ....me uses NX1 ..maybe others can give you some input ....

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #2,235 of 4,032
@waynes world thanks buddy 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back