Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,141 of 4,032
I listen to a lot of music with strong bass presence and find B3 Pro I satisfying. Merely curious why others don't. I do find it inadequate for electronic / hip-hop music with gobs of sub-bass where a sub-woofer is called for, but not a lot of IEMs can handle that well - at least not any I've owned...

I can understand where are you coming from  -  it can be perfectly satisfiying the way described.

Havi B3 Pro 1 (old version ) is capable of good bass and sub-bass AND it can  take EQ in the bass really well; it will not distort (within reasonable limits ). This is better than majority of IEMs.

However, its bass is not totally neutral - it is a bit shy the lower it goes in frequency. That is why I apply that 3-4 dB boost at 20 Hz, with live music as reference. With recordings one has not been there while making/mastering it, it is hard or downright impossible to say whichever amount of bass/mids/treble is correct ; it is OK to say that Havi B3 Pro 1 ( old version ) is better than other IEMs heard - but that does not make it necesarilly apriori accurate. 

With a bit of bass boost, Havi B3 Pro 1 ( old version ), while monitoring live microphone feed, does come very close to the real sound heard live. So much in fact that I no longer crave to get rid of IEMs the second the recording is over, witha a until recently ( Havi... )  LOUD sigh of relief of "coming to the surface from the underwater at long last". Remember, monitoring the recordings means the use of IEMs for hours at an end - a typical live classical concert will have two parts, each at least 45 minutes long. A "studio" recording can span over 6-8 hours, with a break of 15 or so min every 2-3 hours.

It is hard to praise an IEM ( or anything else audio ) even more highly than that.

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #1,142 of 4,032
  @peter123

I have to thank you for your great post(s) during the "desision phase", then still on the Chinese / Asian Brand Info thread.

beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #1,145 of 4,032
@peter123

I have to thank you for your great post(s) during the "desision phase", then still on the Chinese / Asian Brand Info thread.

+1

Mother thread (Chinese Asian Brands Info thread) starter bhazard and friend peter123 is responsible in the first place for me to enter this sound.

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #1,146 of 4,032
Really enjoying my B3s right now. Only just got them recently, and the soundstage is pretty amazing. They're definitely not bass heavy, but then again, I'm not much of a basshead either, so there's enough for me. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #1,147 of 4,032
I think B3 pro1 bass is not weak, but the bass around a bend, unlike other in ear earphones as directly into your ears. In the strong source, B3 pro1bass is better than most in ear earphones.

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #1,148 of 4,032
Having just purchased my first portable amp in the Topping NX1, I've decided the next logical step is to jump on board the Havi B3 Pro-1 thread.  I guess most of the 'hype' is gone by now so I'm going back to the start to read, but if anyone wants to give impression/comparison to KC06, feel free.  If you've already done that in this thread, then no worries... I get to your post eventually.

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #1,149 of 4,032
  Having just purchased my first portable amp in the Topping NX1, I've decided the next logical step is to jump on board the Havi B3 Pro-1 thread.  I guess most of the 'hype' is gone by now so I'm going back to the start to read, but if anyone wants to give impression/comparison to KC06, feel free.  If you've already done that in this thread, then no worries... I get to your post eventually.

haha sorry bro, you might came right at the climax of the hype ^^ To be honest it's justified since it's my favorite IEM right now. 60$ for an IEM that sounds so realistic, you can't go wrong with it.
Thinking of getting ear molds for my favorites 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #1,151 of 4,032
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #1,153 of 4,032
Anyone paired the havis to the e 11 or e6 preferable something cheap and compact

I'd ask Hisoundfi what he thinks. He has Havi and E11 & E6.
Well that doesn't work on my phone -_-

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #1,154 of 4,032
Anyone paired the havis to the e 11 or e6 preferable something cheap and compact

I got both and the havi. They work well with both, being that the havi are a more power hungry iem than most with the e6 where I hear some hiss from more sensitive iems I don't hear it at all. Bass boost with the e6 is a bit too dark for my tastes and clarity takes a hit. The e11 on the other hand with the havi pairs up quite nicely and bass boost with it retains clarity while giving some nice extra bass.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #1,155 of 4,032

This has been discussed in this thread. Please use "search in this thread function" or go back to some several pages back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back