Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #1,426 of 4,032
Thanks H20Fidelity :)

I don't need the nth degree of detail, but I love awesome staging, so I just need to log in onto my computer and get the order done!

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #1,429 of 4,032
mochill: Over on VSD3(S) thread, it seems like pandaprox listens to music which calls for more bass than B3 provides out of box and doesn't have $ to buy an amp. Not sure what source pandaprox is using. Might not have enough juice to drive B3 properly. If it does have enough juice, IMHO B3 can be effectively EQed to be bassier.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #1,430 of 4,032
mochill: Over on VSD3(S) thread, it seems like pandaprox listens to music which calls for more bass than B3 provides out of box and doesn't have $ to buy an amp. Not sure what source pandaprox is using. Might not have enough juice to drive B3 properly. If it does have enough juice, IMHO B3 can be effectively EQed to be bassier.

For on-the-go I'll be using my Galaxy note 3 with Viper installed and at home, through my very old Logitech z313 speakers.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #1,432 of 4,032
For on-the-go I'll be using my Galaxy note 3 with Viper installed and at home, through my very old Logitech z313 speakers.

I don't use my Havi without my Topping NX1 or GemTune Bluebird. Cause it just sounds better imo. While my RAZR MAXX HD has enough juice for it, I have to turn it up to 10-13/15 w/o one. T1-E I listen to without sometimes. VSD3S I'm sure you wouldn't need one.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #1,433 of 4,032
Havi b3 pro 1 is better then the t1e and vsd3s
smily_headphones1.gif
... And Wayne get on the computer. NOW!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Done! It will be a while before I get them though. LMEU ran out and they are now on pre-order. Allso, I have to get them shipped to a buddy who will then get them to me.. (long story). But at some point - probably a month or so from now - I will have those 3D puppies in my ears!
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #1,435 of 4,032
Ok I've found my channel imbalance due to tip fitting...ditched the stock tips and put on my Spiral Tips and wow....the sound staging is amazing....yes...3D too. Due to the wide sound staging, the ear tip fit is very crucial if not things start to appear slightly tilted to one side.

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,436 of 4,032
  Ok I've found my channel imbalance due to tip fitting...ditched the stock tips and put on my Spiral Tips and wow....the sound staging is amazing....yes...3D too. Due to the wide sound staging, the ear tip fit is very crucial if not things start to appear slightly tilted to one side.

I completely agree with this ^ 
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,437 of 4,032
wayne u pulled the trigger????? gosh u should have asked me...sighhhhhhh....

and i would have told u to buy a few more pairs. :pPPPP

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #1,438 of 4,032
  wayne u pulled the trigger????? gosh u should have asked me...sighhhhhhh....

and i would have told u to buy a few more pairs. :pPPPP

Lol! As long as they feel as good on/in my ears as the Mikros 90's do, then they should be fine! Seriously though, your endorsement of the B3's was one nail in the coffin - so thanks!

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #1,439 of 4,032
I have a good feeling about it so I'm loaning C&C BH to test the theory. I believe the soundstage with C3/BH and Havi will be rather generous, also Topping NX1 amp which people said works well. Plus, those who enjoy C&C BH's - LF switch can probably benefit giving Havi's low end a little nudge for certain genres and a little clarity boost.

For me laying down late at night the 3D stage and imaging is a lot of  fun, the music is really 'alive', I was listening to Kryptic Minds last night there were samples floating around all sorts of places micro details popping up.It must have something to do with the driver placement and shell design because the imaging and soundstage have no right to sound like this for this price. 

If you have a spare $50-$60 go for it Wayne, they will be keepers for sure. To keep things in perspective though if I listen to Altone it has more detail and clarity but they cannot match this imaging and 3D stage of Havi. I would take these over RE-400 in a heart beat.

If any of you fellas ever hear the ckr9s, i would love a havi comparo. The soundstage of these are phenomenal and i can only imagine the havis sounding similar or better soundstage wise. :)

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #1,440 of 4,032
However....as good as the sound staging is, there's a little draw back....everything sounds more distant and less intimate. I find the Havi very well suited for orchestral symphonic music where the orchestral spread is nice and wide but as I'm listening to Lee Ritenour's Rio album....his gut string guitar is just a little too distant for my taste. Well, it all bores down to personal preference and taste I guess....just my 2 cents.

On the other hand....Larry Carlton's Greatest Hits Re-Recorded Volume 1 sounds amazing on the Havi.....and boy.....the Havi truly sucks the juice out of the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back