Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #1,486 of 4,032
No...you should use only B3's jack to take'em out as shown in the picture(booklet)...so you can claim for any warranty if the jack is out of shape during this process,yeah its also covered.....LoL. :D

Haha, but that L-shaped plug doe! It's not ideal for that! :wink:

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #1,487 of 4,032
I have C&C BH here along with C3. (C3/BH)

I can confirm the pairing works well, actually with no switches engaged on BH for me, turning the LF switch on made Havi sound a little off for my tastes. With no switches on the soundstage is wide / mids detailed, I'd actually forgotten how coloured BH sounds after not using one for a while. In my opinion you definitely need an amp if you intend on using Colorfly C3 it simply doesn't have the power to drive these correctly, but sure, sound will come out. Havi even push C&C BH to its test for power, I don't know what others thoughts are but I can max the volume on BH in low gain and not find it uncomfortable.

The power requirements for Havi somewhat remind me of 100ohm ER4S, I don't know what the cable resistance is or where the 32ohm figure came from but I need similar volume on my Studio unit to which I listen ER4S. DX50 has no problem in meduim gain however. High gain with BH there's plenty of juice and I'd be mad to try and max it out.  For owners of C3/BH you will be pleased, sounds more expensive than the actual rigs cost combined.  For some reason I have a gut feeling Topping NX1 will be a better match and might grab one to loan down the road.

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #1,488 of 4,032
Haha, but that L-shaped plug doe! It's not ideal for that!
wink.gif

C'mon guys - don't you have lying around any less precious/broken cable IEMs whose plug you could use for extracting the tips from the Havi case 
rolleyes.gif
 ?

Seriously regarding the tips - any experience with gel tips in general, more particularly with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Replacemement-Ear-Phoner-Ear-Bud-Headphone-Gel-Tips-In-Various-Colours-/231292758550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35da1f6a16

There are other sizes/colors/packages available - curious if these are perhaps in-between the normal silicone and foam tips ?

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #1,489 of 4,032
C'mon guys - don't you have lying around any less precious/broken cable IEMs whose plug you could use for extracting the tips from the Havi case :rolleyes:  ?

Seriously regarding the tips - any experience with gel tips in general, more particularly with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Replacemement-Ear-Phoner-Ear-Bud-Headphone-Gel-Tips-In-Various-Colours-/231292758550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35da1f6a16

There are other sizes/colors/packages available - curious if these are perhaps in-between the normal silicone and foam tips ?

No, serious,havi recommending their B3's jack/plug to take the sleeves apart.....btw those silicon tips are of normal ones to me,but wider bores and fits wider nozzles...not sure the seller has diff bore/nozzle sizes tho and he might mix/match upon request while ordering.....

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,490 of 4,032
No, serious,havi recommending their B3's jack/plug to take the sleeves apart.....btw those silicon tips are of normal ones to me,but wider bores and fits wider nozzles...not sure the seller has diff bore/nozzle sizes tho and he might mix/match upon request while ordering.....

Well, I know that - it is printed
atsmile.gif
on tha Havi box .  For those who would like to prolong the life of Havi > use some other ( less expensive/beat up/broken ) plug. Of course you can replug/ recable "anything" - but getting a secure strain relief that will be the equivalent of the original Havi is a bit harder to crack nut. Not aware of any "aftermarket" plug that can accomodate that flat cable really securely for everyday use.

With those "gel" tips (besides being wider bore, known to be beneficial with Havi ), I am interested if these tips somehow do not combine the toughness/repeatability of normal silicone tips and sealing/comfort of foam tips?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ear-Bud-Earphone-Headset-Gel-Tips-x-12-Pieces-Large-Various-Colours-/351129328313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item51c0f05ab9 

Here he mentiones soft foam and soft gel as the material 
confused.gif
 ?

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #1,491 of 4,032
Pardon me but why do we need the plug to remove the sleeve. Can't it be removed with our hands. Sorry if it's stated somewhere in the thread but on my phone now and can't use the search function. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #1,492 of 4,032
  Well, I know that - it is printed
atsmile.gif
on tha Havi box .  For those who would like to prolong the life of Havi > use some other ( less expensive/beat up/broken ) plug. Of course you can replug/ recable "anything" - but getting a secure strain relief that will be the equivalent of the original Havi is a bit harder to crack nut. Not aware of any "aftermarket" plug that can accomodate that flat cable really securely for everyday use.

With those "gel" tips (besides being wider bore, known to be beneficial with Havi ), I am interested if these tips somehow do not combine the toughness/repeatability of normal silicone tips and sealing/comfort of foam tips?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ear-Bud-Earphone-Headset-Gel-Tips-x-12-Pieces-Large-Various-Colours-/351129328313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item51c0f05ab9 

Here he mentiones soft foam and soft gel as the material 
confused.gif
 ?

According to the both of the links and looking at those photos I can safely say that none of them are Gel filled eartips. They are ordinary silicone or rubber... There seems that something went wrong while making the descriptions...

I have original Monster Gel Filled Silicone Eartips and also tried them while making this link (I have indicated them on the below photo): http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread/105#post_10459342

These tips do not tend to stay for a longer time in my ears and the gel material absorbs the bass freq. I do not recommend these to any B3 user...

FYI

----------------------------
BTW my eartip collection reached apprx 90 eartip pairs from different brands. I have auditioned the new eartips. Returning back to senn double flanges is like having a new iem for me, sound is really great with these. I wish they could fit all the ear types...

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #1,493 of 4,032
Pardon me but why do we need the plug to remove the sleeve. Can't it be removed with our hands. Sorry if it's stated somewhere in the thread but on my phone now and can't use the search function. Thanks.

It really is a next-to-no-issue. Depending on size and where you position them within the box, the tips might/may be a bit more difficult to remove them from the box using hands - using plug just makes it easier. 

That would be the least problem with Havi ... - finding the tip that fits securely, has great SQ and is comfortable over long periods of time is unfortunately not.

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #1,494 of 4,032

According to the both of the links and looking at those photos I can safely say that none of them are Gel filled eartips. They are ordinary silicone or rubber... There seems that something went wrong while making the descriptions...

I have original Monster Gel Filled Silicone Eartips and also tried them while making this link (I have indicated them on the below photo): http://www.head-fi.org/t/711582/havi-b3-pro-1-impressions-thread/105#post_10459342

These tips do not tend to stay for a longer time in my ears and the gel material absorbs the bass freq. I do not recommend these to any B3 user...

FYI

----------------------------
BTW my eartip collection reached apprx 90 eartip pairs from different brands. I have auditioned the new eartips. Returning back to senn double flanges is like having a new iem for me, sound is really great with these. I wish they could fit all the ear types...TZhank you, 

Thank you, baycode. The liberal descriptions can be more than confusing. My understanding was that the tips themselves might be made from gel, not gel filled.
When wishing upon something, it is easy to "visualize" the - impossible 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #1,495 of 4,032
It really is a next-to-no-issue. Depending on size and where you position them within the box, the tips might/may be a bit more difficult to remove them from the box using hands - using plug just makes it easier. 

That would be the least problem with Havi ... - finding the tip that fits securely, has great SQ and is comfortable over long periods of time is unfortunately not.

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #1,496 of 4,032
  Thank you, baycode. The liberal descriptions can be more than confusing. My understanding was that the tips themselves might be made from gel, not gel filled.
When wishing upon something, it is easy to "visualize" the - impossible 
rolleyes.gif

bigsmile_face.gif
   you're welcome @analogsurviver  !

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #1,497 of 4,032
monster gel buds are roundish...tends to pop out..
if u sneeze too hard...the gel might squirt out..or in...maybe maybe..lol

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #1,498 of 4,032
I feel like these Havi's have cursed me. When I listen to other IEMs (DN-1000, Altone200) there's something missing, something in the soundstage, the instrument placement and depth isn't the same. While these other earphones might excel in certain areas over Havi they don't have that same instrument positioning and 3D imaging.  
rolleyes.gif

Doing it tough right now.....

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #1,499 of 4,032
I feel like these Havi's have cursed me. When I listen to other IEMs (DN-1000, Altone200) there's something missing, something in the soundstage, the instrument placement and depth isn't the same. While these other earphones might excel in certain areas over Havi they don't have that same instrument positioning and 3D imaging.  :rolleyes:  

Doing it tough right now.....

Good curse ...bad curse ?:confused_face_2:

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,500 of 4,032
Good curse ...bad curse ?
confused_face_2.gif

I want the other earphones to image the same I guess. :/

For example, when a track comes on and you know a sample goes across from left to right channel, (Say an EDM track), with Altone or DN-1000 it's kind of just like this big blob of jelly that rolls past to the other channel or hovers around for a while with no real sense of direction, (but you still make out it's meant to go from left to right). Whereas Havi is more accurate, focused and gives a better understanding of the image. And it does this with many samples while the other two earphones fall behind. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back