Have you heard? "Best in the world headphones!!"
Mar 27, 2003 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pikawel

500+ Head-Fier
Mar 27, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 10
pikawel, I don't think that the VIP-1000 is worth anywhere near the $750 price that the seller had paid for those 'phones. And though there are many reasons to buy those 'phones, sound quality definitely isn't one of them. Sony doesn't have enough experience at producing true hi-fi open-air headphones, IMHO; other brands have been producing such headphones since before Sony even produced its first full-sized headphone.

Mar 27, 2003 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 10
Well Sony's current DSP series is up to 8000 now, I think. So I'd say these are little behind the times comparatively.

Mar 27, 2003 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 10
jpelg: I read that too quickly the first time and thought you meant there was a Sony DSP phone for $8000. Heh, I nearly fell off my chair.

Mar 27, 2003 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 10
LOL! Better be more careful. Don't want to damage those primo Grado's now
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 10
But he said "Best int he world headphones!!" I was kidding around... I figure those VIP-1000's have to be total crap but, wow, the DSP thing... Sony is still trudging onward with that?

Sadly, to someone, those ARE the best headphones in the world... wait, then again... is that really that bad? I wish I had some cheap garbage phones that I thought were the best and then I wouldn't have to continue this journey to find the holy grail in a $400 pair of phones. Ignorance is bliss.

Mar 28, 2003 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by pikawel
But he said "Best int he world headphones!!" I was kidding around... I figure those VIP-1000's have to be total crap but, wow, the DSP thing... Sony is still trudging onward with that?

Sadly, to someone, those ARE the best headphones in the world... wait, then again... is that really that bad? I wish I had some cheap garbage phones that I thought were the best and then I wouldn't have to continue this journey to find the holy grail in a $400 pair of phones. Ignorance is bliss.

LOL. I hear that
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #9 of 10
Yeah, I don't trust people with bad grammar and try to make their products sound godly. I promised myself that I would stop buying headphones (at least until I get a job that affords me the provisions) once I got a good pair of closed headphones. I've tried not to think about headphones better than my new Sen HD-280's in order to save my wallet.

So far.......I've found a sudden urge to go out and apply for jobs. =)

Mar 28, 2003 at 4:27 AM Post #10 of 10
Auction ended at $70 without a single bid. Hirsch and Joelongwood must be ill or busy to miss out on this opportunity.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Anyone contact him on a price he'd take for them yet? You'd be the first and ONLY person here with one of these thingies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back