Have you ever purchased any product from headroom before?
Jul 2, 2001 at 6:00 AM Post #16 of 28
That is something I forgot to mention... Headroom generally ships REALLY fast. Although their shipping prices are not higher than other companies', HeadRoom got both of my orders to me much faster than I expected. With the Wheatfield, I believe I got it the next day after ordering it! Quite amazing, huh.

Jul 2, 2001 at 6:16 AM Post #17 of 28
In order of purchase:
HD495
ER-4S+Total Airhead
Returned ER-4S
HD600
SR-80
ER-4S again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 8:43 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

I really like doing business with HeadRoom.....FedEx is another story.

At least they don't kick the crap out of it and steal your property (cough. UPS, cough).

Jul 2, 2001 at 8:59 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by SumB
At least they don't kick the crap out of it and steal your property (cough. UPS, cough).

Yes, I have had much better experiences with FedEx than UPS. Whenever I think of shipping something UPS, that first scene in Ace Ventura, Pet Detective comes to mind.

I love receiving torn boxes. Glad to know they're durability testing my goods. They must have something against box corners, because it seems whenever I get a shipment from them, the corners of the boxes are pretty much gone.

But, unfortunately, there are times and situations when they're almost the only option.

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:40 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

[size=xx-small]Originally posted by my good friend Jude[/size]

LOL! Ahem...sorry....that's not funny.....LOL!

Yeah, I can tell you feel my pain.

To make matters worse I ordered them on a Friday, so delivery day was Monday. I waited through the whole d**n weekend, just to have FedEx do one of their "hide around the corner until he leaves for 5 minutes routines." So I ended up driving the 20 miles to their distribution center to pick them up.

Ok, now can I have some sympathy?

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:49 PM Post #22 of 28
Sure JMT, you can have some sympathy from us... just not until 5 minutes after you leave these boards...
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 9:19 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by my OTHER good friend dhwilkin

Sure JMT, you can have some sympathy from us... just not until 5 minutes after you leave these boards...

I thought that was you around the corner...in your FedEx uniform.
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 9:51 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

JMT said...

I thought that was you around the corner...in your FedEx uniform.
biggrin.gif

Blast, my shameful secret identity has been uncovered! How could I have been so careless!
eek.gif
redface.gif

Hmm, mental note to self: Quit FedEx job, convince Headroom to use UPS, then get hired as UPS delivery guy. Yeah... they'll never suspect me then... MUAHAHA!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 10:54 PM Post #26 of 28
lies! All lies! But we can't really blame him. I once watched a Cathy Lee Christmas special. So you see, we all have your skeletons in the closet
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn...is that how you spell her name?

Jul 7, 2001 at 5:34 PM Post #27 of 28
If you think UPS is bad, you should see the condition my Sony bookshelf stereo came in after being shipped from college to home via USPS.....The shell of the stereo was metal and I could successfully sit on the machine without it bending.....When I got it back, it had definitely been run over by a truck...Had been destroyed....Not to mention a huge beautiful picture of my girlfriend and a Frank Lloyd Wright print.....I thought it was worth a try asking them if they would replace it (even though it wasn't insured) since it had been treated completely unreasonably...the answer, of course, was no....Oh well, I don't miss that stereo much anyway....but maybe I could have sold it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2001 at 6:51 PM Post #28 of 28
I have had the pleasure of dealing with Todd at Headroom on a couple of occasions. Each time the service and advice was superb. Even during a couple of TA problems I had Todd was cordial and amusing and always customer oriented in his approach.

Hey I think my UPS story beats 'em all. They actually delivered (leaving it on the porch) a new sink and faucet set I ordered directly from Franke to a manufactured address in a completely different city! This needless to say has put all of the kitchen re-model action on hold, but I can at least put on my phones and chill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back