Have you ever "lost" a CD *WITHIN* your collection?
Feb 18, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
By the way, I've made quite a bit of progress on my CD database. I've now finished archiving the categories of:
Jazz
World Music
Soundtracks
Various Artists
Electronica
Industrial
R&B
Rap
Dance
Rare/Collector's

Which leaves me with the following left:
Classical
Rock/Misc

What, no Hawaiian music?

I always have a couple of CDs missing. This does not bother me because I understand that it is the way of the universe.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 18, 2002 at 7:44 PM Post #32 of 36
I've recently pared my collection down to about 3000 records (plus about 900 cds and 200 tapes) and due to lack of space they're in a few places. When I mis-file one it disappears for years. But there's always something else to listen to.

Twenty-five years ago I tore the house apart, seveal times, looking for an album and I never found it. I only had about 100 then, and most of them sucked, so the loss was conspicuous. Last year it resurfaced at an old friend's house (my name was on it). I really don't think I had ever loaned it to him.

Feb 18, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #33 of 36
I just got another CaseLogic cd holder, and now I have my collection separated into "Western music" and "non-Western music", along w/ the usual division by genres.

Feb 18, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #35 of 36
I lost a Ani Difranco bootleg, really pissed me off, cuz it was a great soundboard recording. I didn't want to tear apart the house looking for it, i have a feeling i may have misplaced it within my boot collection. I tend to get forgetful and trade for stuff i already have
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 12:24 AM Post #36 of 36
I've "lost" many a CD this way. Once a year or so I'll spend a day going though all my CD's and attempt to get things in proper order. At over 1300 cd's, it's takes at least a day...

Quote:

P.S. My favorite record store in Los Angeles was Penny Lane (they had/have four or five locations). In the Bay Area, Amoeba in San Francisco is simply the best store ever (Rolling Stone named it "Best Record store in the U.S."). It's HUGE with every genre you could imagine, so you can pretty much find anything there, and it never takes me more than a week or two to find a used copy of something.

hey let's not forget Telegraph Ave in Berkeley, where in a one block span you have the original Amoeba, Rasputin's and Tower...It's one of the reason's I live in this town!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back