Have you Ever?: Gotten Your Headphones Stolen?
Aug 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PinoyPogiman

100+ Head-Fier
Stealing is a crime, and in religous terms; a bad sin, as it IS stated in the 10 commandments.
even so, without looking at it in religous terms is still Morally wrong.

Even though quite a bit of today's public either does not make notice of the art of hifi Sound Reproduction or they just dont plain care or know the value of the devices involved.
Have you ever had your precious Headphones, Portable Amp, etc stolen?

and i mean any way stolen, in a crude Trade/sale, or Physically stolen and not lost

i would feel very heartbroken if i had even a single pair of my headphones taken from me!

Tell us your story!

Aug 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 8
No, but I did once leave a case of about 50 CDs and a pair of headphones at a bus stop years ago,

Imagine my surprise when a week later a random guy walked up to me at the same bus stop and said "these are yours, right?". Not a single CD missing and the cord neatly wrapped around the phones.From how he was dressed, I'm pretty sure he was a missionary of some sort, maybe Mormon?

Very, very occasionally, humans can be alright. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Can't say that I have...  HOWEVER, I have had more than a few pairs of cans broken by careless friends over the years.  But I guess that's not quite what you meant.  These days, I am much more skittish about who I lend cans to.  And on that note, I am much more likely to lend cans to a random Head-Fier than I am a non-audiophile friend.

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #6 of 8
I did once but that was my own foolishness and thinking I could trust people who were friends of friends at the time. However I wasn't into expensive headphones at the time. They were some kind of sony sport headphones that went behind your neck which I thought were really cool at the time. The unfortunate part was that they cost around $25 or so and I was in high school then so $25 was a lot of money. It did take some time to save up to buy them again so not all was lost :) I was quite upset then but now it would take more than me being foolish to have my headphones stolen from me now.

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Can't say that I have...  HOWEVER, I have had more than a few pairs of cans broken by careless friends over the years.  But I guess that's not quite what you meant.  These days, I am much more skittish about who I lend cans to.  And on that note, I am much more likely to lend cans to a random Head-Fier than I am a non-audiophile friend.

thats still quite an unfortunate story though.. me too i am skittish of lending my headphones to non-Audio enthusiast friends..
but i still think that *The best way to argue against mainstream overpriced headphones ehem.. "Beats.." is to let people Listen to what sounds better for cheaper.

But having headphones broken by someone else's hands is still morally wrong.. in say.. Vandalism!?

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
thats still quite an unfortunate story though.. me too i am skittish of lending my headphones to non-Audio enthusiast friends..
but i still think that *The best way to argue against mainstream overpriced headphones ehem.. "Beats.." is to let people Listen to what sounds better for cheaper.

But having headphones broken by someone else's hands is still morally wrong.. in say.. Vandalism!?

Lol, well they didn't mean to break them (or at least that's the story they're sticking to).  But I've still learned my lesson.  Now when they want to borrow headphones, I take a quiet moment to say goodbye to whatever is being lent out.  I thank the headphones for all the wonderful times we shared, and then send them on their way.  I already know - deep in my heart - that they're not ever coming home. 
frown.gif

Strangely enough, I felt the complete opposite at the recent L.A. Meet.  There, I just left them on the table for any and all complete strangers to try.  Being that the meet was filled with Head-Fiers, I was completely comfortable in the knowledge that they would be well cared for. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back