Have You Ever Accidentally Stepped On a Cockroach?
Jan 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #31 of 68
no and if i ever seen one i would probably yell at the cook or run..

i don't tangle with cockroaches and badgers...and Montana rabbits..and huge horned beetles that live in Florida..

that's why i love Chicago, we don't have horned beetles that chase you around, i mean i was like 50 million times his size yet he wanted to fight! What? i wonder if cockroaches are related to beetles...if so i really won't screw with one.

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #33 of 68
I'm really surprised to read about so many people never even having seen one before. Having been raised in Texas it is surreal to hear that. In the South we have multiple kinds of cockroaches. The most hideous is the flying tree roach.

I go out of my way to avoid stepping on any live thing I encounter...except for roaches. They get no mercy.

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #34 of 68
Someone told me stepping on a pregnant female cockroach will spread the eggs- giving you more to deal with later on.

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #35 of 68
Can't find any cockroach here, not that I m looking for any though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #36 of 68
I000075-1.jpg

Had one for dinner...

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #37 of 68
I didn't want to see that.
frown.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #39 of 68
Cockroaches! Paris in my apartment. His name was Pierre. I had hired him to keep the other cockroaches out of my room and kitchen. Sadly, to say I accidently stepped on him. And thousands of cockroaches showed up at his funeral. I stepped on those mourners on purpose. I'm not a big cockroach fan. Still, I miss poor old Pierre.

Jan 14, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #41 of 68
Cockroaches are the most repulsive of all household pests. Not only do they look disgusting, but they act disgusting. According to the National Pest Control Association cockroaches can contaminate food and transmit disease

carrying organisms, including staphylococci, strep, colform molds, salmonella, yeast’s and clostridia. They also spread parasites that cause toxoplasmosis, an illness that can causes birth defects if the pregnant women gets infected.

Cockroaches spread disease by carrying contaminated organisms onto your countertop or onto your leftout food. Roaches will eat animal and human feces, rotten and contaminated food, book bindings, leather, and even the

glue on canned food labels. They like the glue in paper bags and can be transported from grocery store to homes via the bags.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #42 of 68
We don't have much here, they must freeze or something.

In fact I haven't seen a cockroach in my whole life except at the TV.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #43 of 68
No, but I have once put the top to my mother's hairspray container over a roach sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor. I really don't know why I didn't just kill it with something. I wonder what my mother thought when she just say the hairspray cap lying in the middle of the floor..or what she thought when the roach scurried away upon picking up the lid..
popcorn.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #44 of 68
No, but when I was a child at school, I was standing and saying the pledge, there was a big cockroach that came through a hole in the wall, crawed up my body and onto my neck. I felt somethign and grab it and threw it on the floor, I saw the things scurry away. That creep me out a bit.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #45 of 68
Used to all the time (not barefoot though) when I lived in India. Repulsive, they are, and no one is ever going to convince me otherwise. Thank God for the fact that I live in Alaska now. Haven't seen them naturally up here. I actually have a phobia of bugs larger than small bees so I'm surprised I was able to make it through 5 years in India what with the monster bugs that creep around up there.

I do recall about 3 years back when i stayed in an apartment with another friend (Indian as well) and he just came back from a trip to India. I'm positive he had stowaways in his bags because a few days later, I was sitting at my desk at my computer and I looked away for a couple of seconds. I looked back at I saw its feelers poking up behind the screen. That creeped me out for a few moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back