Have I ruined my ears?!?!
Mar 11, 2008 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Joelc87

100+ Head-Fier
I've used Shure earphones for about two years. Started with the E2c's and then just up the food chain to the SE530's with some Super.fi5pros along the way. Now I love the sound of the SE530's a lot and think that they are perfectly balanced, nice rich deep bass with, highs that to me sound crystal clear. I just recently bought a pair of Grado-SR60s, and think that they sound waaaay to bright for me. Bass is there but the trebles are just way to strong and hurt my ears after a while.

The majority of the people here ((the true audiophiles) yes I still don't feel like a true audiophile), think that the shure's are much too bass heavy and that higher detailed brighter headphones are far superior. Have I ruined my ears to what is truly good sounding and not or is everything just subjective??

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't think so. I just think you're used to the Shure's highs and it will take time for your ears to become accustomed to anything else.

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 7
Everything is just a question of taste.
The better sound is the sound that you like.
When all runs ok, never change, it's the best way to be happy !

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 7
You probably need to spend more time with them.

Example: It takes a while for me to adjust from going from my 770s to my SF3s or Grados.
Also, you may be listening too loud with your Grados. You don't have to turn them up nearly as loud to hear the details. Back it off a notch and give em another try.
cool.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everything is just a question of taste.
The better sound is the sound that you like.
When all runs ok, never change, it's the best way to be happy !

I agree. It's all about taste and preference. And it can change over time.

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelc87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In this case are there some full sized headphones that sound like the SE530's?

Senns are usually associated with the Shure sound. And definitely agreed with the others, sometimes it takes a while to adjust to a brand new sound signature. I wouldn't ditch them too soon yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back