Have an AMEX gift certificate so need a physical store to purchase IEM's....
Apr 23, 2011 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ppierce

New Head-Fier
I have a $100 amex gift certificate so i need a store like Best Buy, Apple etc to purchase a pair of IEM's. Ideally i wanted to get the Head Direct's but that won't work.

What would you all recommend for around $100 that is readily available at a major retailer?

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Use it online and get some IE8's
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 6
You sure you can't use it online?  I think it's basically just a credit card.  If you use it with paypal, it should work anywhere that accepts paypal.  Almost nowhere accepts amex otherwise though, because amex sucks. :p

Can't really give you any recommendations unless you explain what it is exactly you're looking for.  Just "IEMs" isn't very specific.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 6
Many merchants don't like AMEX because they charge a higher processing / discount rate than Visa or Master Card. Plus its a separate processing system. Smaller merchants tend not to accept Amex.

Easiest way I've found to use one of these gift cards / rebate cards on Amazon is to convert it to an Amazon gift card and send it to yourself.  That way you can use multiple payment methods online with Amazon to purchase or keep the balance in your Amazon account

Headphone.com and Earphonesolutions.com are a couple of examples of headphone / earphone merchants that accept AMEX cards.

If you want phones that are more than $100, its best to call the merchant so they can process two credit card transactions for your order - the gift card and then another credit card.  Many can't handle multiple payment methods online.

Frankly, I think the reason rebates are issued as credit cards is because they are a little trickier to use so some people don't bother to get their money.  I'd rather get a check than a rebate / gift card but the credit cards are becoming a more and more common form of payment.

Of course, PayPal is an option as well for multiple payment methods.

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #5 of 6
I think the OP means one of those old-school travelers check GC's. If thats the case, you can buy a Visa or AMEX GC at major retail stores then use it towards an online order; you can also make a small purchase and the cashiers will give you cash for the rest of the check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back