Have a $500 credit, help me pick!
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:
A lot of people here are quoting unrealistically low prices that you couldn't expect to actually find...

What prices are you talking about?  I've seen $350 posted for a pair of new HD-650 from Razordog.  I then mentioned the used HD-580 for about $175.  I also mentioned a pair of HD-600s in the upper-$100 range.  It sold for about $190.  All of those prices are quite realistic.  I've found a pair of HD-600s for $215, shipped in mint condition.  I couldn't tell them apart from a new pair that I purchased a week earlier, so I actually sold of the new pair I had purchased as it had a warranty with it.

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #20 of 26
If you like the HD580, the HD600 won't be that much of an upgrade. The main thing I hear out of that is different between the two is that the HD600 seems to have more of a sense of "space" since the metal grills don't reflect the sound as much as the plastic on the HD580.

I'd try the AKG or the Beyers just to see if I like them better.

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
Hey frank did you do the transaction over the phone or online. I would love to have the hd600's.

I did it on the offeron ebay for the 600 and on the phone for the 650. Call him and tell him he sold the hd600 for 295.00 new shipped and you want ot biuy one. it will save him ebay fees and easier for you to get one. You can say I bought one there from him if you like,

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #24 of 26
I Cool @Mshenay.
Got the Shures and have been listening to them for two days. I like them, but I was thinking about picking-up the DT880's - 250 ohms is my only option there.  
You have these @Mshenay, right? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-880-Pro-Studio-Headphones-105134373-i1426863.gc

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #25 of 26
And GC will price match bigger legit .com's like amazon!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
I Cool @Mshenay.
Got the Shures and have been listening to them for two days. I like them, but I was thinking about picking-up the DT880's - 250 ohms is my only option there.  
You have these @Mshenay, right? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-880-Pro-Studio-Headphones-105134373-i1426863.gc

I do am I'm enjoying them as I type this out. They really are my FAVORITE can, as they are very transparent and have nice detail. The sound stage is sufficent as well! Big enough to have good seperation and air, small enough to get a little intimate... I ofc have cans that do Intimacy and airyness to extremes so xD I switch from balanced to AIRY then to INTIMATE, then back in the middle lol 

But I recommend listening to a truely refrance can like the dt 880 just to get your bearings with sound. THe Akg is also refrance grade so either way, you'll want to know what Neutral and transparent sound like, that will help you better describe other cans that you hear as well as decide what you like and don't like about new cans and new amps

For example, my first can the XB 700 is extremely dark, and well almost everything sounded very simmilar. Amps, sources ect... ect... and all I heard was bass. Getting the dt 880s allowed me to better pin point differances in cans and amps

SO go for a dt 880 pro 250 [it's the most neutral, and if you like it the 600 ohm is slighty warmer [I use tubes on my 250 so I get my warmth that a way]] 

But either way, enjoy what ever you get and always judge with your ears. If you think the can sounds terrible... I'd keep it a week if u can, then if u still hate it ofc return it and get another <3 reading impressions is nice but not  better than hearing first hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back