Haute Schiit! Bifrost is world's most affordable fully upgradable DAC
Sep 29, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #151 of 326
That's some hefty gear, might be worth waiting for their flagship DAC, supposed to be a game changer.

as for your questions I'll answer and if i'm wrong someone can slap me

Yes, you are supposed to be able to just snap it in if you decide you want USB, same goes for the upgrades.

As for which sounds better, who knows. All I know is Schiit has already earned my loyalty so I will continue to buy their products.

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #152 of 326
    Quote:
a few questions about this dac.. sorry if they've already been asked.

1.  if i dont order the USB module, and i decide i want it after my dac arrives,  can i order and install it later?
2.  regarding upgrades in general - are they going to be user replaceable or do i have to send my dac back to schiit? [...]

You can get more in-depth answers to those questions from this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/545842/schiit-dacs-one-down-two-to-go-the-information-and-anticipation-thread

I will answer them quickly.
1) Yes.
2) Both. 

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #153 of 326

[size=medium]
Hey all,

Nobody has their order status updated yet because . . . we need a couple more days, I'm afraid. 

In the process of getting ISO9001 certified, our PC board assembly house has been slooooowwww. So the boards are just trickling in. The good news is that it looks like we'll have much better supply than we expected, so we should be able to clear the preorders much more quickly than I thought. But--bottom line--they're shipping next week, not this week.

Sorry for the ongoing delays.

All the best,
Jason

[/size]

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 30, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #154 of 326
Next week as in Monday 
dt880smile.png
?

Quote:

[size=medium]
Hey all,

Nobody has their order status updated yet because . . . we need a couple more days, I'm afraid. 

In the process of getting ISO9001 certified, our PC board assembly house has been slooooowwww. So the boards are just trickling in. The good news is that it looks like we'll have much better supply than we expected, so we should be able to clear the preorders much more quickly than I thought. But--bottom line--they're shipping next week, not this week.

All the best,
Jason

[/size]

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #157 of 326

Quote:

[size=medium]
Hey all,

All the best,
Jason

[/size]

Thanks for the update, Jason.  Re order status, if we've selected FedEx shipping, will we receive tracking notifications when units are shipped?

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #159 of 326

Quote:
Shortly? It's been ten days.
Today was the second supposed release date.
Lame. Just lame....

Woah Nellie!  Easy boy easy.  
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #160 of 326
Sorry.
Too late to retract my rant. I just call em as I see em.
I am longing to hear the gaggle of jubilant fanboys.
No doubt this DAC will be another home run for Schiit.
Keep knockin em outa the park guys. Good on ya!

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #161 of 326

Quote:
Sorry.
Too late to retract my rant. I just call em as I see em.
I am longing to hear the gaggle of jubilant fanboys.
No doubt this DAC will be another home run for Schiit.
Keep knockin em outa the park guys. Good on ya!

The truth is the truth, I am a big fan of Schiit, but I sold my previous DAC in preparation for the Bifrost and now have been without one for 2 months. I'd rather them do it right and do it well as opposed to do it quickly, but the delays are in fact disappointing. It's just a fact of life, these things happen.

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #162 of 326

Quote:
The truth is the truth, I am a big fan of Schiit, but I sold my previous DAC in preparation for the Bifrost and now have been without one for 2 months. I'd rather them do it right and do it well as opposed to do it quickly, but the delays are in fact disappointing. It's just a fact of life, these things happen.

Delays?!? Holy Schiit, they are going to be shipping them the same week that they promised to months ago, who cares if they start going out on Friday as opposed to the following Monday? What more could you guys want, and what in tarnation are you complaining about? To get some real perspective on what a wait time is, check out the JHA JH-3A, the Headstage Arrow, or the Headamp Blue Hawaii. The early LCD-2 thread also contains some revelations on wait times, as does the Whiplash Audio thread.

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #163 of 326

Quote:

Delays?!? Holy Schiit, they are going to be shipping them the same week that they promised to months ago, who cares if they start going out on Friday as opposed to the following Monday? What more could you guys want, and what in tarnation are you complaining about? To get some real perspective on what a wait time is, check out the JHA JH-3A, the Headstage Arrow, or the Headamp Blue Hawaii. The early LCD-2 thread also contains some revelations on wait times, as does the Whiplash Audio thread.

I wouldn't really say I am complaining... Everyone is disappointed by delays, schiit included no doubt, but like I said, they are a fact of life. Things happen. Also, their original estimate was august, not september.

Oct 1, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #164 of 326

Yep, I think we're all a bit disappointed - and I know for a fact that Jason and crew hate they way this release has gone (schedule wise). As a shareware software developer, I appreciate how hugely difficult it is to take a product from conception through production and distribution. The more complex the product (firmware, micro code, etc.) the more difficult to design, test and manufacture. For very small shops such as Schiit, it's all the more difficult because you rely on more vendors to execute (compared to larger companies). The more aggressive they are to get product out, the more risk. I suspect we all want them to stay aggressive, so those of us who enjoy their products and 'take' on audio will need to give some grace when 'schiit' happens.

I'm talking as much to myself as anyone 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I wouldn't really say I am complaining... Everyone is disappointed by delays, schiit included no doubt, but like I said, they are a fact of life. Things happen. Also, their original estimate was august, not september.

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #165 of 326
OMG

OMG The DAC is a few weeks late. Slaughter the horse, burn the barn, sacrifice the first born! Yes you are complaining, and frankly its. tiring. It seems that's all that people want to do lately. I'd rather wait for a proper product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back