Haute Schiit! Bifrost is world's most affordable fully upgradable DAC
Oct 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #181 of 326
I recently got an E7/E9 combo and while its decent I feel that i can do better than the E7 so I'll probably be getting another DAC sometime next year, and I'm really considering the Bifrost! I especially like the fact that it can handle 24/192 and that it has optical, coaxial, and USB input. I  plan to use the DAC in conjunction with an external blu-ray drive hooked up to my pc and why I dont want to get the drive now is that some blu-ray discs contain 24-bit audio which is above the E7 capabilities. And even though I'll be using the USB port im sure those optical and coaxial ports will come in handy someday. The fact that the ports can supposedly be upgraded in the future if need be doesnt hurt either. I'll be looking forward to the initial impressions and reviews once this product gets into people's hands and they've spent time with it, but given the quality of Schiit's other products, I'm sure this will be another great addition.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #182 of 326
Hi there Jason

I have a silly yet relevant question for you.

Can i expect a noticable difference in sound quality when a/b'ing back and forth between this dac and my ipod with an LOD?

I only ask this b/c i recently purchase a Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo ($600), which is a portable device that pulls the digital signal out of an iPod and sends it through its wolfson dac.  I used it with my RSA SR71B ($650) portable amp in balanced out mode with my LCD-2 rev2's.

Afer hours of careful A/B'ing i decided i could tell no difference.  between this device, and my ipod with LOD.. I have owned high end dacs before and certainly did notice a difference, so i am wondering about this one.. what do you say?

if you dont know - this would be a great thing for someone to compare.

thanks a lot. 

UPDATE:
ok more questions

what kind of cables does this thing come with (besides the power cable)?

is there a reason one would opt for or against usb? besides saving money by opting out?

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #183 of 326
Just got my shipping notice :)

Hope it arrives before Friday when I leave for RMAF.

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #186 of 326
Well I did order on the first day right after the thread was posted.

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #191 of 326
My order was through google checkout so I don't have one.

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #194 of 326
# 437 - nothing yet
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #195 of 326
If you log into your schiit account at their website you can see your order number

I don't have an account on Schiit. The checkout was through google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back