hate these hidden charges!
Apr 13, 2010 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
i just changed plans for my internet and phone service and..
man, i didnt know i had been paying verizon security and back up service for $8.99 and games on demand for $14.99 (both i never ordered) ,for 2yrs, until now..

i enrolled for automatic payment option and had never received a bill so i thought what i was paying was for the internet only. no wonder it was so expensive..

called in to ask if i can a credit but didnt succeed.
i wanted to say something to them when they said they cant give me a credit on those but that wont change anything so..

think im done with automatic payment thing from now on..

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 14
Did you not receive a physical receipt of your bill/payment? For example my phone bill, internet, cable, etc. all send physical or digital copies of receipts and list a price breakdown.

Damn, that's over $500 in two years that they jacked from you... I'd mail them a fire bomb.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 14
You don't at least get a digital bill or something you can look up online?

However yes you really should check your bills, all of them and look at what they charge. Some of them are sneaky like phone companies and charge you stuff you did not ask for or want so you have to check and make sure you are paying for what you asked for and not anything additional. Funny enough the phone company is verizon as well.

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 14
That is bad! I think I am right insisting on receiving paper bills.

Did you enroll in any of those hidden services voluntarily? I bet not! You might want to talk to a lawyer to see if this is equivalent to scamming and see what can be done about it.

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 14
Ugh, I really hate when Verizon does that. That's why, even though their coverage is awesome, the insane charges they have makes them very undesirable. Whereas other companies (particularly Sprint) will do a lot if you threaten to leave, Verizon will try to just nickel and dime you further.

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 14
Cable companies are hilarious when it comes to this stuff too... "HELLO CUSTOMER, WOULD YOU LIKE A FREE THREE MONTH TRIAL TO THE MOVIE NETWORK?! [size=xx-small]If you don't manually cancel after three months, we will bill you every month [/size]JUST SIGN HERE!"

And this is why we still have the movie network in my household.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, whenever they offer me things, i always say no thanks. i know i would probably forget to call them within due time and get enrolled.

im getting paper bills from now on, for everything!

Digital bills, my friend! The digital ones arrive several days earlier and are eco-friendly! ...Well, except for all the power those servers that distribute the e-bills use.

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #10 of 14
Well no wonder you Cantsleep!!!
eek.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #12 of 14
Why is this such a surprise, LOL Just think about the Health Care Bill and they are our Government doing it to us.

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #13 of 14
Yup!
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is this such a surprise, LOL Just think about the Health Care Bill and they are our Government doing it to us.

This is not a political thread; hijacking not welcome here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back