Hat-Fi, anyone?
May 26, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikuhf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Akubra all the way.
http://www.akubra.com.au/

One Plainsman (green), one Cattleman (brown - lost on a trip), one Coober Pedy (brown) and I keep my grand-dad's old beat-up slouch from WWI back home in Sydney.

Oh -- and a black "Sydney" also -- which you can only get via Gowings in Sydney. Kind of a mix between the "Hampton" and the "Bogart".

Michael

I just bought myself an Akubra too
biggrin.gif

A "Leisure Time" to be exact.

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #47 of 48
Since I've begun to grow too tall for my hair, I've begun to consider the hat option. But it's tricky finding an option not too slobby (baseball caps) or too silly (everything else). I think I've finally decided on the "flat cap", which in the US seems to be called the Ivy cap or the golf cap.

31H440JAC1L._AA280_.jpg

41ezhiPDUjL._AA280_.jpg

Sadly there don't seem to be any men's hat shops in Sydney, that I can find anyway, but there are a few inexpensive options at Amazon. Should I be wary?

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #48 of 48
Took a big shovel...but I got'er dug up...

I too recently started wearing an Ivy cap. I have not worn a hat in many years and always loved the look and style of the Ivy cap but because of my over sized noggin I could never find one that fit. That changed a couple weeks ago and now I am the proud own/wearer of a dark grey wool Ivy cap. Now I am on the hunt for some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back