Has sb mod the lisa 3?
Oct 7, 2010 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

geniuswww

New Head-Fier
  I just know from my friend that he has mod his lisa3 for change the op from ad744 to op606. He  says it sound more wonderful than before.
  So I want to know has anybody mod the lisa3 to improve ? What have u done for your lisa3?

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 6
I dont think it is wise to start rolling opamps in the lisa III. the lisa 3 uses opamps only as an input to the circuit, the actual amp section is discrete transistor based output (BC550/560C and BD139-6/BD140-16) and very similar to the AMB M3 or the PPAv2, in fact it pretty much IS the PPAv2; so the discrete circuit and its bias are tuned for the opamps that are used, just dropping in a different chip without changing the surrounding circuit to suit is unwise and may easily result in oscillation or DC offset due to the different interaction with the AD811 ground channel/servo. also the ad744 chips are biased into class A operation with output bypassed, the components needed to do this vary with the opamp used and in some cases will cause harm to other opamps and therefor due to the lisa being DC coupled, it has no output caps, so any DC offset will go straight through to the headphones

all in all, I would say not such a good idea and not the best thing to be suggesting to others. 

if you were going to change the amp, better to be playing with setting the idle current for the output transistors, or changing them to something else entirely if you want a different flavor. several options were discussed in the PPA build threads, one of them will work, but may chew battery life.

and yes I have modded my lisa, all resistors are prp, PSU caps blackgate FK, bass boost caps are changed to 0.22uf polypropelene and bypassed with evox/rifa film and foil 1000pf. charge circuit modified with TLE2426

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 6
probably wise, no problem on the post. I made this to curtail any impromptu headphone sacrifices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back