Has anyone used this CD Mat enhancement?
Sep 21, 2008 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

jazzychu

Head-Fier
I bought this graphite CD mat (US $50) during a trip to Taiwan after the store owner played one female vocal CD track with and without this mat. There seems a bit improvement and I figured this mat will not hurt anyway. However, from my set up at home, via headphone or speakers, I have a hard time to compare the sound quality with an A/B test since putting the mat on and off do take time. I also wondered if my gears (or my ears) are not good enough to tell the difference.

So the question is if anyone has the similar product and can share the expierence.

I believe I can also use this mat on a DVD but I have not tried yet.

Attachment 8341

Sep 23, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 27
The attached photo may be too small to show the 0.6mm thick hard black graphite CD to be placed on top of the CD, when you play in a typical horizontal CD tray. The idea is to gain better data pick-up from the laser beam below. I am not totally convience this is a scam since there are also other types of CD enhancement if you do a search on Statmat, Aurex, Marigo, Herbie and others. There are people finding better sound with them or in some case a slight noise level increase.

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzychu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The attached photo may be too small to show the 0.6mm thick hard black graphite CD to be placed on top of the CD, when you play in a typical horizontal CD tray. The idea is to gain better data pick-up from the laser beam below. I am not totally convience this is a scam since there are also other types of CD enhancement if you do a search on Statmat, Aurex, Marigo, Herbie and others. There are people finding better sound with them or in some case a slight noise level increase.

I have sounded a CD player without and then with a Statmat, and the sound difference was phenomenal.

But reading jazzychu's comments on the right equipment, he's thrown something out there that I never really considered - thought it makes perfect and simple sense. The equipment may/will make a difference.

When I had sounded the Stamat, I was really out doing some speaker shopping. But didn't see anything that I particularly liked at that store, so like any guy in around AV, I just poked around. I asked about the Statmat the guy showed me how to use it. I didn't believe my ears, so I offered him a burnt CD that I had in hand (as I had brought my own music with me to sound speakers), and the difference was like night and day.

This said, I'm not sure of the amp, CD player, speakers etc that were being used.

Yes, the above is my non technical observation, but hey, so much of what one's ears perceive is subjective.

.:..:::Jugtree

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzychu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought this graphite CD mat (US $50) during a trip to Taiwan after the store owner played one female vocal CD track with and without this mat.

He had two seperate CDs?
rolleyes.gif

If you're brave/shameless/oblivious, say "yes". (you say it takes too long to switch mats at home so you cannot compare, making it apparent that in the store there were two seperate CDs). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jugtree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have sounded a CD player without and then with a Statmat, and the sound difference was phenomenal.
Yes, the above is my non technical observation, but hey, so much of what one's ears perceive is subjective.

Don't give us this "audio is subjective" crap. That doesn't entitle you to pollute the cables forum with crap. It isn't the "sound non-science" forum simply because the other forum is apparently scientific (though is mostly uneducated people discussing things they don't understand).

I wasted my money on gear when all I needed for that phenomenal difference was a statmat. Jugtree, you are my savior.

Jazzychu, do tell us if that statmat makes your dvd picture 1080p.

Sep 23, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 27
I read about some insoles that you put in your shoes that were supposed to leech out impurities from your feet and purify the body. You would wear them for a day and when you took them out of your shoes, they'd be black with tarry nastiness that showed they were working. The only problem was that if you heated them up, they would become nasty without anyone's feet. The black nasty tar was inside the insole.

I suppose if worse came to worse, you could put the graphite mat in your shoes.

See ya
Steve

Sep 23, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read about some insoles that you put in your shoes that were supposed to leech out impurities from your feet and purify the body. You would wear them for a day and when you took them out of your shoes, they'd be black with tarry nastiness that showed they were working. The only problem was that if you heated them up, they would become nasty without anyone's feet. The black nasty tar was inside the insole.

I suppose if worse came to worse, you could put the graphite mat in your shoes.

See ya
Steve

Haha, I am not sure I fully understand the analogy.

Sep 23, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #12 of 27
All I have to say: I hate scams.

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #13 of 27
I am neither selling nor promoting this product. I just want to know if anyone else knows this or is familiar with any similar product.

This mat is very hard and brittle. The size is exactly the same as a regular CD. You put it on top (label side) of an audio CD, and just hit play. No, the store owner did not have two CDs of the same song when demonstated for me because I was the one putting the mat on and off. My point is he may have much better audio gears so the difference is more obvious.

Sorry, I am not interest in video so I can not tell you about the DVD part.

So far I have not see anyone who does not believe in this to share with me just what product he has expereiced. If you know any similar product first hand and consider that worthless, please provide the name here so we can all avoid in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back