Has anyone tried the Gamucci, or other electronic cigarette?
Sep 16, 2008 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Duggeh

Indeed
I've had my eye on one of these products for a little while. I smoke, max perhaps, 3 or 4 times a month, if that, and on those occassions like to smoke a small golden virginia tobacco roll-up.

The problem is that i smoke so seldom that tobacco tends to go dry and manky before i finish it, lighters go AWOL, papers and filters dissapear or accumulate.

The atomisation chamber based electronic cigarette, with its zero carcinagenic content is appealing, it would allow me to achive the massively wonderful effect that nicotine has when you are exposed to it on a rare basis, while saving me a lot of waste in the process.

What I'd like to know is if anyone here has tried one of these products and what they thought of it.

For those on an anti-smoking train, please try to contain your sincere or joking efforts towards comments like "Dont smoke at all." I know how bad smoking is for me, I know how addictive it has the potential to be, I know that its banned in public places now, etc.

That of course is one of the other bonuses of the electric ciggie. Its not actually smoking. Nothing bad in it (aside from the nicotine) and you can smoke it inside.

Anyhoos...

Sep 16, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 12
i've seen it before but never tried one myself. but i was wondering what the smoker's habit relating to these e-cigarettes, since they are basically endless (from what i read, one cartridge is equivalent to a whole pack). if i get one, i could just imagine myself not being able to put that thing down...

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 12
Well I've bought a Gamucci Elite. Its a disposable version of their product, cheaper, but once its spent its gone.

Comes in a plastic test tube and is the length and circumference of a large pen. Has a green light at the end which comes on when you inhale.

The smoke itself is realistic enough, and it dissipates rapidly leaving no lingering odour, however, the taste is not like tobacco, its mostly like the smell of the smoke produced by smoke machines in Discos and nightclubs. Nicotine is there, but a lung inhalation causes a slightly unpleasant sensation at the back of the throat.

Doesn't do for me at all what my bi-monthly roll up does. I don't see myself going for the multi-flavour rechargable versions, however for someone who is a smoker and wants to smoke inside, or who wants to quit, it could I think be a brilliant device.

The Elite is about $20 USD and lasts for around 600 puffs.

Sep 27, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 12
aww that is disappointing

Sep 28, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 12
lol It's like a wanna-be cigarette for this generation. Well, I guess we could always leave the e-cigarettes to our upcoming robot companions to smoke instead.
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 12
I don't know what it is, but I love love love reading your posts, Duggeh. Would you please consider putting a button in your sig that we can press to play your voice.

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 12
lol

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ he doesnt swing that way, mate.

I knew as soon as I posted that, something just didn't sound quite right....lol.

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #11 of 12
You woudlnt be able to penetrate my thick scottish accent.

Also, my opinion of the device has changed slightly, the nastiness claers up once th mechanism clears a bit. More tomo when I'm not the worse for an afternoons signing people up to SAURAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back