Has anyone tried iSquint for iPods or Touch?
Oct 16, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #16 of 16
PS: for the ones I can't rip on the mac after trying a bazillon apps to do it, I use pqdvd on my old pc - it plays the dvd in a window and records the stream from there as an AVI at about 2x the rate of the movie in real time, max size about the touch's resolution, and the 500-900mb files still look decent on the apple TV after conversion to H.264 MPEG4. iShowU for the Mac is another way, but if you use the Mac while it is doing it's thing, it will affect the smoothness of the recording - EVEN WITH A 2GHz Core 2 Duo.

The visualhub can convert them into a nice H.264 mpeg 4 that my iPOds and my Motorola Q can play (core player).

My last line of offense if to use an external digitizer with 4gb CF card, and I plug that into my DVD player and record the DVD that way, in real time. It was like $129 at CompUSA, but I forget the name. This looks the worst, even vs plugging my portable DVD into my panasonic DVD recorder, but it doesn't tie up my normal video watching setup (although you do need a video screen to setup and start the recording).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back