Has anyone tried Future Sonics Atrio M5??
Mar 23, 2007 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

reds

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone I am looking for a pair of IEMs in the UK
I am mainly considering about super fi 5 pro at the moment
But then on the same website at handheld audio I saw the Future Sonics M5 which looks pretty decent
I am wondering if anyone here has tried them and maybe give a few comments
icon10.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 55
I'm actually waiting for mine. I'll give an update once I get to hear them. It should be here by next week.

Btw, I used to own a FutureSonics IEMs (ones with the brown cable) and they sound really good esp. the bass which goes very deep. I also really liked the brown cables as it blends with your skin.

Mar 29, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #5 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by reds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's the em3 you are talking about I think
Anyway looking forward to your review
and I am actually considering whether I should go straight to triple fi.

If you're considering it, and have the cash for it, go straight for the tri.fi. But they are so transparent, they reveal every flaw or benefit in your system, so make sure you have a good amp, cable, etc...

Apr 2, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 55
Hi,

I purchased a pair Futuresonics Atrio M5s a few weeks ago from handheld. I am very impressed. Its an upgrade from the Shure EC3s I was using. They are very light and comfortable. The bass is amazing, very precise and deep. Also the mids and the highs are nice. One weakness is that the cables are not as thick as I would like them to be they could be easy to break in comparison to the Shure. Give them a few days to break in.

E

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 55
I just received my M5s today. They are an "upgrade" to my Futuresonics EM3's. I have always loved the sound signature of the EM3's - great range, really good bass. The M5's for the 15 minutes I've tried them are awesome. A bit clearer definition of the overall soundstage. Powerful bass and clear highs - an excellent choice with my iPod.

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 55
reds,

I recently did a shootout between Futuresonics Atrio, UltimateEars Superfi 3, Shure E3C, and Westone UM1. The Atrio has a very true response...no hyped highs and by far the most capable of producing clean bass. I personally don't like crispy highs in my IEMs due to ear fatigue. I found I could boost the highs in my live monitor system/MP3 player as needed, but none of the other choices could respond on the low mids/bass end like the Atrio. I also tried the Atrio recently on an airplane. The foam sleeves provided great isolation, and even at low volumes I got the full sound spectrum of music and mpeg movies. Very clean and dimensional sound stage.

The other consideration is the organization. There are not too many companies where the founder/CEO (Marty Garcia at Futuresonics) is so accessible. He has been awesome to work with, and even provided a pair of Atrios prior to official market release. They stand behind their products and really care about their customers.

Apr 12, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #10 of 55
I finally got my Atrios!

Without even breaking them in, the difference between this and the EM3s are like night and day. Bass is more precise, highs and midrange are noticibly a huge improvement over the EM3s. I listen to all kinds of music but heavy metal and these are perfect with ipods.

The Shure e4c I just bought went back to the store. Too overpriced IMHO.

Atrios rock! Thank you FS for making such a good product!

Apr 12, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #11 of 55
how much are these babies worth?

Apr 12, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #12 of 55
I've had my M5s for a few days now and they are quite impressive. They offer terrific isolation and the bass presentation from these things is amazing. It's the kind of sound sig I like - elevated but deep and tight bass, warm mids and slightly rolled off highs. Absolutely no sibilance either.

I found they do need to settle down a bit. I felt the bass to be a bit uncontrolled initially but last night I fed it 9 hours of pink noise and they have tightened up quite nicely.

Quite a nice IEM at this pricepoint. Well worth the price of admission!

Apr 12, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 55
Well, I'm leaning more and more towards these IEMs. They look like they're exactly what I want! Any chance someone can post some live pics and perhaps some in-ear pics? Thanks

Apr 12, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm leaning more and more towards these IEMs. They look like they're exactly what I want! Any chance someone can post some live pics and perhaps some in-ear pics? Thanks

If no one has by the time I log back in, I'll post pics. Check back in the morning. Well... later this morning if you are in the EST.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back