Has anyone tried Future Sonics Atrio M5??
Apr 13, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look great. I'm really torn between these and the SF 5Pros and maybe the 5 EBs.

i've tried all 3, and i have to say, they're all very comparable.

if you plan on listening to rock, jazz -- basically anything other than rap, go ahead and exclude the EBs. their sound signature is best suited for hiphop/rap, so if that's what you're looking for, it'll work out, but i didn't find them to be very good for rock, jazz, blues, etc.

the difference between the 5 pros and the atrio is just a matter of taste, i think. both are phenomenal products at their price points, backed by really good companies who'll support your purchase. build quality is equally good, and sound quality is, again, a matter of taste.

the 5 pros have a detailed and warm sound, with lots of bass and very good quality mids. the atrio have unbelievable bass, very warm and round mid-range, but lack a little bit in the high end comparatively. if cost is an issue, i'd have to say the atrio probably will get you where you want to be at the least expense. if cost isn't an issue, you're harder pressed to make a decision because they're both great products.

Apr 13, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshambro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, and jmbrown, if you're anywhere near the st. louis area, you're welcome to stop by my studio and try out both options.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm no where near there. I guess my best option is to just get both and return the one I like least.

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #41 of 55
Took Warriors approach and ran 9 hours of pink noise on my M5's. They only got sweeter, tightened up and upper mids and highs gained some additional clarity. Didn't think they could get better, but they did.

Apr 19, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #42 of 55
If someone who owns these could comment on the comfort, microphonics, and durability (the wire looks pretty thin), it'd be very helpful.

And still looking for a comparison between these and Westone UM2.
smily_headphones1.gif
I've pretty much ruled out super.fi 5 Pro due to its bulk and comfort issues (including getting a good seal).

I was all for the Westone UM2, but these are intriguing me as a potential better value.

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #43 of 55
I find the M5s very comfortable. I wear them routing the wire over my ear and the shape of them fits in my outer ear very nicely. Wearing them as I do I get virtually zero microphonics. Can't say much about durability since I've only had them for a little over a week. I don't find the wires to be surprisingly thin if that helps at all. Definitely thinner than my old E4s though.

Apr 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #44 of 55
Warrior-
We better be careful with all the good praise we're collectively heaping on these.... we'll start a new FOTM on the boards here!
biggrin.gif

J/K....

Apr 20, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #45 of 55
It's a bit difficult to tell whether these stick out of your ears or not. How's the comfort for sleep use? I doubt I would actually use IEMs during sleep, but I might like to lay my head down on a pillow while listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back