Has anyone taken apart Skull Crushers?
Jan 26, 2011 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mushrooshi

100+ Head-Fier
Yes, I know they are absolutely crappy, and I have no plans to get them. I tried some of my friend's but it was absolutely horrid. But that supposed internal subwoofer thing is somewhat bugging me... I don't know if it is grossly overpowered bass, a separate bass-focused driver, a phone vibrator, or the spinning assymmetric mass found on Playstation and Xbox controllers. And searching for Skull Crusher disassembly photos isn't turning up anything either. I'm just dying to know what the heck is in these... does anyone have any crap skullcrushers they are willing to take apart and photograph in the name of science?

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 10
Jan 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 10
I refuse to believe that's what a quality subwoofer sounds like...

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 10
If you use them enough won't they come apart on their own?

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:

It isn't it's so obvious it's a built in vibrator... just listening to this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_pBAu_kkLE&NR=1

The bass on these doesn't even go that low, cuts off severely after like 40Hz.... a huge fail for something called a "subwoofer" IMO. :p It's got a huge midbass hump though. Just listening to those YT clips makes me feel annoyed by it, I can't even imagine how bad it sounds like on your head.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 10
I think I am going to mod my Grados with the rumblers out of a 360 controller. That should improve the bass, aye?

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 10
Have you heard them yourself? They are ridiculous. I was actually startled by the "bass" when I tried them. It was kinda funny really. If you haven't...you owe it to yourself to give them a try if you get the chance.

Quote:
Quote:

It isn't it's so obvious it's a built in vibrator... just listening to this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_pBAu_kkLE&NR=1

The bass on these doesn't even go that low, cuts off severely after like 40Hz.... a huge fail for something called a "subwoofer" IMO. :p It's got a huge midbass hump though.

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #10 of 10
i once met a guy who said he thought the skullcrushers were the best headphones he had ever heard. i felt sorry for him for wasting money on such a crappy pair of headphones. if he wants bass he should have gotten the sony xb series headphones. not very good looking but sound spectaculor for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back