Has anyone heard the latest Final Audio IEM?
Jul 20, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
I'm coming to Singapore on Monday the 1st of August, only for 1 day (in transit), I'll visit Jaben and try the Piano Forte IX then!!!!

haha is best that u bring in something expensive.......because that time i bring my T5p along there...as i am looking for an upgrade..... i ask for an upgrade then they let me demo the final audio earphone but after that time i tried to go back i using my shure 535 there wanna try the second time as i deciding whether i wanna buy a headphone maybe a GS1000 or the Final audio earphone......they dun let me try.... the final audio the salesman told me that the earphone has no demo for it u wan u buy it........so i walk off there

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:
Hi I live in S'pore and i have listened to the new Final Audio Design Piano Forte IX also known to be FI-DC1602SS, the earphone sound very different from IEMs and headphones....it is just like u are listening to a speakers that is place near to u.....the soundstage is amazing wide and vocal is clear like crystal, and if u go back and listen to shure 535 it will sound muddy....tried also with the JH16 pro...JH16 pro is great but it still got that in ear's sound...so this is a unique piece of earphone with a sound like a earphone and a speaker in between......it has a bright signature and treble that makes piano and violin's sound realistic...but the only down side is the bass is weak...

Hi, have you heard the Sony EX1000? I have the FI-DC1601SB and their sound signature and presentation is similar to how you describe the FI-DC1602SS. But to my ears the Sony EX1000 are even better overall. They also have amazing soundstage, crystal clear vocals and very realistic timbre, plus bass is better than on the Final Audios. And last not least they are far less expensive.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #18 of 27

Quote:
Hi, have you heard the Sony EX1000? I have the FI-DC1601SB and their sound signature and presentation is similar to how you describe the FI-DC1602SS. But to my ears the Sony EX1000 are even better overall. They also have amazing soundstage, crystal clear vocals and very realistic timbre, plus bass is better than on the Final Audios. And last not least they are far less expensive.

Yes i have heard before the Sony EX1000 but i didn't tried to listen before....as i heard from some places that say it is not really gd.....that why i didn't go test it......but after hearing from your comment maybe i will give it a try....

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #20 of 27
Nakamur, who said the EX1000 is not really good?

Thanks for your advice, but I only have the EX700 and a Teclast T51 with me, hmmm...

The customer service was a bit annoying last time I was there, they used to have a great bundle for the ck10 in their online store (CK10 + Martini Amp + IC + iDock bundle for $279 SGD), so I sent them some emails to confirm they had it in store, then I arrive there and they said they sold the last ck10 the day before, that it costs $300 something, and that they bought ALL the ck10's from Japan last time so they didn't know when they'd have it in stock again.
After that, I said I was interested in buying a Shure SE210, they had one for demo and it was a fake one, I didn't say it was fake I just said "this sounds strange, is there a model that looks the same? I think I'm confused" so then they gave me the Shure SE425, it sounded exactly the same as the Shure SE210, another fake demo unit!  So I just bought a stupid Hippo mp3 player and left.

Later, I demo'ed a REAL Shure SE425 and Shure SE535 at Singapore airport, much better customer service there =)

As for Sony EX1000, maybe you can demo it at Sonystyle, sim lim square?  The sales staff were pretty nice to me there, last time I was there they had the EX300, EX500 and EX700 for demo (but she looked scared to let someone demo the EX700, Lol) as well as the XB700 and some noise-cancelling stuff.  He offered me a nice discount on the EX500 (they get commission and can remove their commission to give you a discount) anyway he recommended the E888 to me and I bought it and that was one of the best earphones I've ever bought.

Funny continuation of my story, when I'm back at Singapore airport again demo'ing the Shure SE210 again, I really wanted to buy it but they didn't have any left and wouldn't sell the demo unit to me, and then the sales rep tells me "you know, all these new IEM's aren't very good, there used to be a Sony earphone made in Japan, very comfortable and clear sound, I had it years ago" and then I show him the E888 and say "this one?" and he says "yeah that one!" and I let him try it and he tells me "oh this is the made in Thailand model, but it's very good" LOL.

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #21 of 27

Quote:
Just ordered 5 pairs.

Hi anadin!  You once explained the EX700 sound to me and your comments eventually persuaded me into getting it.  Thank you for great sound and going half-deaf! :wink:

What did you just order 5 pairs of?

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:
Yes i have heard before the Sony EX1000 but i didn't tried to listen before....as i heard from some places that say it is not really gd.....that why i didn't go test it......but after hearing from your comment maybe i will give it a try....

Please do so and report back with your impressions vs. the 1602.
smile_phones.gif

I'm still curious about them, but after hearing from Final Audio that they are not much different from the 1601 (confirmed by your description), I don't really think they're worth it for me.

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #23 of 27
Are these are the new unobtainium models?
wink_face.gif
If it was a cheaper phone from another maker there would already be gripes about the skinny cables (I personally like thin cables), weight etc. It's the same tech as the old models with some hype and a VERY attactive package and perhaps a new driver with different case tune. Still has vents that are nicely integrated. Doesn't make them good or bad and if they sound better than the next thing, good on em but without a listen, they sure seem more like boutique then Hi-Tech.

They do know how to turn a phrase. Pressure vents to equalize pressure, as in rear vented. Metallic earpads, which allow your ear to naturally adjust to any barometric shifts, as in they don't seal. The material used should have little effect on the sound so there is probably also some individual tune per model. Other than the lack of isolation, I like that they don't need tips so that there is no tuning involved. What you see is what you get and that's a good thing. That part is a unique and cool concept. Like I said, if they sound great, why not but other than the fit similar to the previous version. There's nothing new tech here other than tune and ergonomics and I don't want to diminish how important that can be, just not as revolutionary as Final likes to make everything seem. 

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #24 of 27
i just heard the piano forte X in HK AV Exhibition today, and i must say that i'm really impressed.. it sounds really unique, not like any headphones are IEMs i've heard before.. but i can't really elaborate myself, i'm new to this world.. However, it's still not worth the huge price tag i think, lol.. if anyone of you is in Hong Kong, final audio has a big showroom in the AV Exhibition (only until Sunday), there are the three piano forte line ups, and also the cheaper BA line ups there.. 

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
haha is best that u bring in something expensive.......because that time i bring my T5p along there...as i am looking for an upgrade..... i ask for an upgrade then they let me demo the final audio earphone but after that time i tried to go back i using my shure 535 there wanna try the second time as i deciding whether i wanna buy a headphone maybe a GS1000 or the Final audio earphone......they dun let me try.... the final audio the salesman told me that the earphone has no demo for it u wan u buy it........so i walk off there

Thanks for your advice, I told them I used the J-phonic and A2000X, I listened to the A2000X, then asked for the AD2000 (out of stock), then they gave me ACS T1 Custom, then FI-BA-SB.

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
Nice thanks for sharing, good to know Final Audio have their own showrooms... did the Piano Forte X sound good with Cantopop?

what??? !@#$%^^&*????? i don't listen to cantopop..at all.. the reason why i asked someone on the other thread was because i found it funny that someone from US would love listening to cantopop.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back