Has anyone heard of Urbanears?
May 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AnotherBoss

New Head-Fier
In this month's GQ magazine, they had a 2 page sectional on headphones (they are in style now, go figure) and they were promoting Urbanears.

Has anyone had any experience with these headphones? 

May 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 12
Unfortunately, my own in-store impressions, and reviews I've read all around suggest that pretty much all their models are bad, although I've personally only heard the plattan. Suppperrrrrrrrrrrrrrr muddy. They are very attractive headphones. Not much more.

May 24, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
Unfortunately, my own in-store impressions, and reviews I've read all around suggest that pretty much all their models are bad, although I've personally only heard the plattan. Suppperrrrrrrrrrrrrrr muddy. They are very attractive headphones. Not much more.

:frowning2: Lame! (That's why you shouldn't get headphone tips from GQ)

Do you have any suggestions for a pair of cans that look good like the Urbanears?

May 25, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
... Skullcandy are cheap fashion.

I'm not seeing any Skullcandy in your gear list. Have you ever actually owned any? If so, I acknowledge your statement of opinion, but disagree with it, at least as far as the models I own.

May 25, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not seeing any Skullcandy in your gear list. Have you ever actually owned any? If so, I acknowledge your statement of opinion, but disagree with it, at least as far as the models I own.

Skullcandy's secondary line, 2XL, makes better sounding headphones than their primary line. 
blink.gif

My 2XL Brickyard headphones sound amazing considering I got them for $10

May 25, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:

Owning Skullcandy headphones isn't really something people would advertise on Head-Fi, I suppose. I only enjoyed their at-that-time top-model SKPro, which wasn't half bad. Decent ammount of detail for a DJ can. However, since most, if not all, of their drivers OEM from China and are probably found in a lot of other headphones, like Urbanears, that alone would be a reason not to buy them.

May 25, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
 I've personally only heard the plattan. Suppperrrrrrrrrrrrrrr muddy. They are very attractive headphones. Not much more.

The Plattan is the best of their line, too. But although super muddy, the don't drill holes in your ears.  I think they're actooly pretty good considering the field they run in. Not good in absolute terms, but if my kid wanted a fashion can, I'd be okay with the Plattan.

THe Skullcandy Aviators are very good at the price point. Very good.

May 25, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

Believe me, I've had plenty of experience with them. And I don't exactly have to technically own a pair to know they are "cheap fashion".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back