has anyone heard Earsonics SM2
Sep 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

noxa

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all

I have recently heard of these Earsonics SM2 which is a dual driver universal IEM made by a french company which seem to have had great success with their custom IEM's. I have read a very good review on here about the SM2 but i am looking for anyone who may have more impressions and may be able to compare these to other high end universals like the Shure se530, IE8 etc as these seem to be compared to the westone um3x which cant be a bad thing.

Thanks for all contributions in advance

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the link shigzeo, I have already read that review and it seems they rate them quite highly but i try to not rely on articles like that as there can be influencing factors i much prefer to hear peoples personal opinions who really know about headphones.

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 9
talking about French companies, I was wondering why no one speak about Insono in that forum. They build custom IEM, with 1, 2 and 3 drivers and also a monodriver custom in silicone, meaning it's flexible. I wish someone would do a comparison with the usual suspects in the custom world...
website, in French only:
Nos produits

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 9
It was a very good review by shigzeo, i didnt know it was written by someone with a good knowledge of headphones. I am always worried when i read reviews on consumer or gadget websites because some seem to follow hype and financial gain more than actually reviewing the product for themselves in my opinion, we all saw the amazing reviews of the beats by dre.

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 9
right sorry - it was done by me. they are excellent headphones, but they have cons (the build is good, but not quite westone like) and the comfort is not perfect, though it is very good. the sound tube is long which is nice. sound is ... great. great stage, great bass and quite well extended highs with only a little sibilance. amazing phones.

as for the beats: even jude said they were good, so i would not count them out. i would count them out by people who hate monster and want to fit into a monster hating group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back