has anyone found any information on the difference between the sennheiser pc360/pc363d and the newly released g4me zero/one?
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gappler

New Head-Fier
I am a pc gamer looking for an upgrade to what i currently have.  The pc360 has been near universally loved for gaming, and the pc363d gives an added external sound card to add virtual surround.  While it is early in the product life cycle is there anyone who has an idea on what is actually different between them and the new g4me zero and one?

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 10
I personally have not tried any of the listed headsets, but by looking at them as a whole, it seems as though the G4ME ONE is the successor to the PC360 and the G4ME ZERO the PC350. Other than the new colours, the only changes I can make out are the ear pads. The specifications between the G4ME ONE and ZERO and that of their predecessors are pretty much the same. Perhaps Sennheiser 'optimised' it a little more? We'll never know until someone decides to make a physical comparison.

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 10
  I am a PC gamer looking for an upgrade to what I currently have.  The PC360 has been near universally loved for gaming, and the PC363D gives an added external sound card to add virtual surround.  While it is early in the product life cycle is there anyone who has an idea on what is actually different between them and the new g4me zero and one?

What is your current audio hardware?
The "new" Sennheiser gaming headphones could be more of a "cosmedic" upgrade then any real changes on their insides.
Just have to wait for the reviews.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 10
My current is an old creative fatality headset. It has been OK till now but I like what I read about higher end headsets. I am more curious to know what justification there is for the price difference of the 360 to the one. I would be surprised if it is only a minor parts and cosmetic upgrade.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 10
My current is an old creative fatality headset. It has been OK till now but I like what I read about higher end headsets. I am more curious to know what justification there is for the price difference of the 360 to the one. I would be surprised if it is only a minor parts and cosmetic upgrade.

Sennheiser HD558 headphones, $128.50
Creative Sound blaster Z (SB1500, retail box) sound card, $74.99
You can order them together off Amazon.

I believe the Senn PC360 & PC363D use the same driver as the HD558 (& HD518, HD598).

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 10
Jul 14, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 10
I just received a pair of the 363D's and the G4ME ZERO's and the ZERO's sound like total garbage. I don't understand why.

The 363D's are incredible by comparison. Anyone know why?

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 10
  I just received a pair of the 363D's and the G4ME ZERO's and the ZERO's sound like total garbage. I don't understand why.

The 363D's are incredible by comparison. Anyone know why?

I believe the 50-Ohm driver used in the PC363D is a newer design then the 150-Ohm driver used in the G4ME Zero.
Maybe the G4ME Zero is not receiving enough juice?
What are you using to drive the G4ME Zero?

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #9 of 10

I believe the 50-Ohm driver used in the PC363D is a newer design then the 150-Ohm driver used in the G4ME Zero.
Maybe the G4ME Zero is not receiving enough juice?
What are you using to drive the G4ME Zero?

Thanks for the reply. I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card which has a built-in headphone amp so I figured it was getting enough power. Double checked all my settings as well. I'll give it another whirl. Definitely not powering it with basic on-board audio.

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #10 of 10

Thanks for the reply. I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card which has a built-in headphone amp so I figured it was getting enough power. Double checked all my settings as well. I'll give it another whirl. Definitely not powering it with basic on-board audio.

Is the on-board audio disabled, into the BIOS?
Might try the Unified Xonar Drivers
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back