Has anyone ever met their companies CEO?
Aug 21, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
. Im not usually the type who makes a fuss, but people run around organising there desks after being tipped off about a visit.

i think the nuttiness and clean and buff up the place is more about respect to the CEO than anything else. when i worked at a grocery chain with about 10,000 people employed the place would go crazy clean up when the CEO came in. that person is the boss of bosses so it doesn't hurt to show them respect if you value their signature on your paycheck.

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #17 of 23
I met Steve Jobs at a conference in Melbourne in 2008. I didn't recognize him at first and was ready to strangle him after he jumped the queue at the refreshments table, then began to mix and mingle with people like nothing had happened >| Started talking and clicked straight away, haven't seen him since but have conferenced via Skype and FaceTime at MacWorld

Aug 24, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #18 of 23
I met Steve Jobs at a conference in Melbourne in 2008. I didn't recognize him at first and was ready to strangle him after he jumped the queue at the refreshments table, then began to mix and mingle with people like nothing had happened >| Started talking and clicked straight away, haven't seen him since but have conferenced via Skype and FaceTime at MacWorld

So obviously you work for Microsoft.

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #19 of 23
Though I work for a very large outfit (tens of thousands of employees), I have to face the head honcho too often, more than once per month. As he treats pretty much everyone with contempt, I'd rather not be in a room with him, much less talk to him, but someone has to :wink:

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #20 of 23
I once worked for a company that really did not have that many people on staff. Even after 5 years of company service the Ceo would still address us as " Hay Guy".
As most everyone was addressed this way, we found it a joke to talk about!

Aug 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #21 of 23
Yes, I've met the CEO of the company I work for. He's only come on visit to Mexico once in the three years I've been working at this company.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #22 of 23
I work for a large company 100k employees ... a DOW component and one of the 50 largest in the US.  I know the current CEO (and 2 previous) reasonably well, meet with him a few times a month and and travel with him a few times a year.  Also have met with the CEO's of several other large companies ... Citi Group, JP Morgan, Emerson, Terex, the NYSE come to mind, but there have been others.  By and large, they all seemed like decent guys that were easy to talk with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back