Has anyone ever HEARD this hi-end SONY?
Mar 8, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by krayzie
LOL!

Actually, what's the diff. between sapphire evapourated and amorphous diamond and this bio-cellulose diaphragms... what are all these materials and how do they contribute to better sound???

Hmm... I did know the official answer to this once, lets see if I can remember...

When the Sapphire, and diamond evapourated diaphragms are being made, they are bombarded with Sapphire and Diamond dust which helps make the diaphragms more rigid when they set / cool down... the diamond ones being slightly stiffer / more accurate than the sapphire equivilants...

The Bio-Cellulose, they have a really thin diaphragm... much thinner than the Sapphire or Diamond equivilants... which allows it to move much faster, and freer... and give it an richer, yet arier (in terms of soundstage) quality...

I think thats how it goes
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2003 at 9:37 PM Post #17 of 24
I wonder why the 888 suck so bad then compare to the older stuff...
confused.gif

Mar 8, 2003 at 10:14 PM Post #19 of 24
I also heard something about the D-777/D-E900 before that the bottom piece is made out of bio-cellulose material as well... I wonder if it does anything in absorbing vibrations stuff like that... I mean, ceramic composite is just too heavy...

Mar 8, 2003 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Hmm... I did know the official answer to this once, lets see if I can remember...

When the Sapphire, and diamond evapourated diaphragms are being made, they are bombarded with Sapphire and Diamond dust which helps make the diaphragms more rigid when they set / cool down... the diamond ones being slightly stiffer / more accurate than the sapphire equivilants...

The Bio-Cellulose, they have a really thin diaphragm... much thinner than the Sapphire or Diamond equivilants... which allows it to move much faster, and freer... and give it an richer, yet arier (in terms of soundstage) quality...

I think thats how it goes
smily_headphones1.gif

I remember reading something very close to this before too. However, this diamon/sapphire stuff doesn't make much sense to me unless its molecularly embedded with the diaphragm or laminated as a backing.

Someone posted the url for this site before:
http://www.accuton.com
I believe they build their entire membrane with ceramics or with diamond!

Mar 9, 2003 at 12:52 AM Post #22 of 24
Hey guys!

Isnt this getting a bit off-topic?

Your welcome to start a thread on biocellulose, and how its produced.. but that wasnt my question!!

If you have any opinions on the CD1000's vs. CD3000 and more - feel free to post... and else..:

dont. THANKS!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Mar 9, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #23 of 24
Onex...

With all due respect I believe talk of bio-cellulose IS on topic, its what the drivers of these headphones are made of... and you're asking if they're the same... one of the core components (the driver) IS made of the same material................

But, I'll respect your wishes, and not post again about Bio-Cellulose...

Mar 9, 2003 at 2:35 PM Post #24 of 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back