Has anyone else ever gotten swimmer's ear as a result of using IEM?
Sep 20, 2010 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ffdpmaggot

100+ Head-Fier
I keep my IEM very clean, not pristine, as close as possible though, but recently I've developed swimmer's ear, apparently due to my IEM, anyone else experience this?

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I keep my IEM very clean, not pristine, as close as possible though, but recently I've developed swimmer's ear, apparently due to my IEM, anyone else experience this?

Shigzeo?

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 8
I had swimmers ear to begin with (too much time spent in filthy outdoor pools as a kid) and it acts up occasionally when I use my customs for extended periods of time (3 hours+). When that happens, I dry my ears out and switch to buds or cans until it stops itching/hurting.

To avoid this, don't use IEMs when your ears are wet, such as shortly after showering, and take the IEMs out for like ten minutes every hour.

IMO swimmers ear has more to do with moisture than bacteria...

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #7 of 8
I sometimes have itching...but for me it feels like a dryness of the skin at the entrance of the ear canal and nothing like water being trapped in it.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 8
It may be itching, but for me it was my ear canals swelling shut and preventing me from getting much more than 4 hours of sleep a night because I have a tendency to put my IEM in after showering because, IMO, that extra ten minutes of music is well worth the excuse to stay up to 2 am watching south park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back