Has anyone dealt with this site before? Sony Mdr-V6, Monitor-Studio-Headphone.com
Apr 8, 2013 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Stylis10

New Head-Fier
I just want to know if anyone has dealth with this site before?

http://www.monitor-studio-headphone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=62&cPath=1

I know that price for the Sony MDR-V6 seems a little too good to be true, also the site doesnt actually look that genuine, howver looks dont always mean the site is genuine or not (have seen loads of very professional looking sites being just scams, and very basic site being very genuine)

Also slightly concerned that i couldnt find a phone number and they are also US based(contact details) but UK prices.

Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them before? And of they are genuine.

May 5, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 16
I think it's a scam - address on reverse lookup is for an unaffiliated person who has no knowledge of this site! I wrote to them and found reply from a Chinese language ISP and regrettably signed up for a newsletter/product update. Wrote to them I know it's a scam and reported the site to Internet Fraud Information through USA.gov: http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Internet-Fraud.shtml

Here is where my email request for more info. about ordering came from:

Return-Path: <ruthzhangsm@vip.126.com>
Received-SPF: pass (domain of vip.126.com designates 176.34.24.136 as permitted sender)

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 16
I wish I had seen this a couple of weeks ago. I bought a pair of MDR-7509HD headphones for £75 from this site. On ordering them I didn't receive any sort of confirmation by email, but nevertheless the headphones did turn up after a week - sent from China.

When I tried them on there was an obvious problem, with one can being much louder than the other. I've now sent them 3 emails to no avail and cannot get them replaced by Sony as I don't have the receipt. All in all a total waste of money... and hard to be confident that they are real Sony's for that reason.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
'

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #5 of 16
I think it maybe a bit late but DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE. I bought a set of Motorola S10HD and they were fake as a 9 cents coin. I looked for the reply to address (ruthzhangsm@vip.126.com), serached for it in internet and got thousands of scam reports.

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 16
[size=9pt]The website [/size][size=9pt]http://www.monitor-studio-headphone.com/[/size][size=9pt] is fraudulently using MY physical home address as their website/company address. My wife and I discovered a website's fraudulent usage of our address on 5/4/13. The website called “Monitor Studio Headphones” is claiming MY physical address as their company address. We are in no way associated with this website and NEVER gave permission to have our address on their website. This scam is a fraudulent misrepresentation and I have received phone calls, messages, and unwanted packages as a result. We have NO idea how or why they chose our address. 

I know the website is based out of China and the website is hosted by a company in India. I have filed complaints with Better Business Bureau, Missouri Attorney General Office, Federal Trade Commission, and FBI internet crimes. I have attempted to contact the website directly multiple occasions without any response. I have also attempted to contact the hosting website without any response.

We are completely fed up and just want the packages, headaches, and messages to STOP. Legal action is VERY difficult as the "owner" of website is in CHINA. [/size]

Website is a SCAM!!!!!! STAY AWAY

[size=9pt]Parker[/size]

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #7 of 16
^^ What a pain in the ass.  You didn't mention it, but I hope that you contacted the post office, first and foremost. They'll typically start their own investigation, and it'll go a long way towards insulating you from any complications concerning interstate mail fraud that are almost certainly occurring.  Doubt the other entities are going to spend too much time on it, at least not until they receive a fair amount of complaints from consumers that have been victimized.

Good luck.

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #8 of 16
I wish I had seen these reports beforehand, but if I don't do the research I only have myself to blame.i bought 2 x bose headphones, both seem genuine and the sound from one sounded just like my other bose headphones but one pair didn't work as it should, bose refused to honour warranty as bought outside of UK and Monitor Studio website refused to answer any one of over 50emails sent, tried to claim back from credit card company but they wanted more information which I could not provide including for me to pay for an expert to say what was wrong which would cost me more than the item itself. I hope I am the one to blame as now Bose is not mentioned on the site at all , saying that if in China not sure why any threat would bother them, definetily stay away and isn't it about time China as a major industrial power started to act like one and enforce rules and laws which the rest of the world taken as the norm and this includes not copying patented goods and/or trademarks.

Sep 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #9 of 16
I have a Sony out in my garage that's about 10 or 11 years old, back then you didn't have to worry about fakes. Now there are MANY, WAY MANY...Personally I wouldn't buy a set from anyone but Amazon or a store like FRY's, I even seen them at FYE a few months ago. I think you really are taking a gamble buying these online anywhere..My thought anyway!!

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #11 of 16
I just created an account to signal that yes, they are still scamming ! I just got ripped off buying a pair of XB700 from sony.

I received cheap fake ones.

Stay away at all cost from http://www.best-studio-headphones.com/ or Linda Studio Store/Lindas Studio Store :/

I m so gutted right now

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #12 of 16
Oh dear, it looks like I just made this exact mistake. Checked online a bit and it seemed legit enough, then made the order and found this thread.
I think I'm screwed because the headphones I ordered were 15 bucks cheaper than any other site I could find. So just to confirm what most people have said, the site scams you by sending you a product that is either fake or has some kind of deficiency? And there's nothing I can do to refund it? (they have a refund policy but it appears they won't reply to anything)?

By the way, this is from https://www.best-studio-headphones.com - although really, the name is so similar it's probably the same people.

2nd edit: all the reviews on that site are copied from 5* amazon reviews of the same product, with completely different (probably randomly generated) names. Sigh.

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #14 of 16
Wish I would have seen this post a few days ago. I purchased a pair of Audio-Technica M50's for $111 from "Linda Studio Store". Never received any headphones and can't get into contact with them. I submitted a complaint form through econsumer.gov. They have an address listed in Illinois but after doing research found they are actually located in Beijing, China. Fingers crossed now that the website will be put under so nobody else gets ripped off by these ********. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back