Has anyone bought Etymotic er-4p from la_tronics (Brooklyn) on e-bay?
Nov 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TomT

New Head-Fier
Curious to see three separate listings for new er-4p IEM's on e-bay by this seller - who claims to have 10 or more on each of the three listings and sales of three, five, and seven units on current listings.  Present prices are $250, $250, and $299 but in reviewing sales made column shows recent sale prices of $199. 

If you have bought from them - or know anything - please share experience.

Thanks

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 5
Hmm.  I don't see the $199 listing, just a couple of $250 listings from la_tronics.  

Not sure why, but in the past 2-3 months the street price of the ER-4 has jumped up nearly to the MSRP -- has their popularity on Head-fi caused a backward reaction??

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Agree with you on prices approaching MSRP.  Noticed their listing & sprung for $199 price Nov 4.  Subsequently "lost in shipping" (but USPS never acknowledged actually receiving article - just shipping notification.)   After several e-mails & request to cancel sale & refund, they advised "shipping today from warehouse" but would not give tracking #.

If no show in few days, will complain to e-bay/Paypal.  If it arrives, will HOPE not a fake and their 'warehouse' is an authorized dealer.  If not, this will be my lesson of the year!

To see items sold/price, bring up their listing and under "other info" for seller, there's a number of items sold at  the bottom.  Click that & you'll get sales and sale price - which has gone up since I purchased for that same listing.  Interesting variation in their three listings - $299 w/shipping/$250 w/shipping/$250 without shipping.   All three list items sold & price.

Regards,
Tom

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Following up:  The ER-4p's arrived today!   Sent from a company called Yogi Comp, Wildwood, Pennsylvania.  No idea what happened with their first shipment (post office still says waiting for package!), but now have these treasures in ear and they sound GREAT!  Inspected package carefully and product/package is top quality all around.  If a fake - a very good one.   But, think sound tells more & think will use these phones a lot.

Tom

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Glad you got them.  ONE day I will own the ER-4P.  I probably should have done that back in the summer when they were $175 from amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back