has anybody ever dreamed about headphones?
Feb 8, 2007 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

OpusRob

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I am minding my own business, trying to get some sleep when I have this odd dream about my MS2i that haven't arrived yet. In the dream, they arrive, with a note from John Grado saying that due to rising production costs, they are no longer making the phones the same way. They were packed in that impossible to open plastic, and when I got them opened, they were closed cans with puffy plastic ear pieces that actually suctioned to my right ear, causing some eardrum distress when I tried to remove them. They sounded like cheap Sony's, felt even cheaper, and the headband didn't actually rest on my head, so they kept flopping over. I was disappointed, needless to say.

Maybe waiting six weeks for these things is starting to get to me. I can't be the only one having odd phone dreams?

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpusRob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so I am minding my own business, trying to get some sleep when I have this odd dream about my MS2i that haven't arrived yet. In the dream, they arrive, with a note from John Grado saying that due to rising production costs, they are no longer making the phones the same way. They were packed in that impossible to open plastic, and when I got them opened, they were closed cans with puffy plastic ear pieces that actually suctioned to my right ear, causing some eardrum distress when I tried to remove them. They sounded like cheap Sony's, felt even cheaper, and the headband didn't actually rest on my head, so they kept flopping over. I was disappointed, needless to say.

Maybe waiting six weeks for these things is starting to get to me. I can't be the only one having odd phone dreams?

It was the Bose Triports that you had in your dream....
tongue.gif

In my dream, I wore a set of headphones with a huge BOSE logo, and there was smoke coming out of my wallet....
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was the Bose Triports that you had in your dream....
tongue.gif

In my dream, I wore a set of headphones with a huge BOSE logo, and there was smoke coming out of my wallet....
tongue.gif

I wouldn't call that a dream, that would be a nightmare!!
blink.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I have, sadly... during anticipation of my headphones to come in, and yes that includes more than one headphone too
tongue.gif

x2

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:06 AM Post #7 of 37
This is a funny thread...

I didn't quite dream of headphones, but I did dream of an amp I wanted for my K701s.

Such a vivid dream too - I remember being sooo happy buying a second hand amp. Terrible... ain't it?

Oh yeah, this is in anticipation of an amp I recently ordered. I must've been thinking about it too much.

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 37
I had a dream about some HP-1000s at a junk shop, and dropping $50 on them and making the guy think like he got a deal. And then I woke up mad as hell.
mad.gif

-greg

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #9 of 37
only when I stop taking my medication
blink.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 37
I frequently wake up and I'm aware that music was playing in my head. It wasn't a dream, per se, it was just music in my head.

Feb 8, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #11 of 37
Scary thread
biggrin.gif
I have none of the mentioned symptoms (yet?).

Feb 8, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #12 of 37
Had the same experience with MS1s. I think that its mainly due to the long waits, with no information whatsoever.

It felt pretty real too, it was almost like dejavu when I got my Grado pizza box cause it looked exactly like it did in my dream.. which I had like 3 weeks prior to getting the cans. Freaky.
rs1smile.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #13 of 37
Guys, thats kinda freaky... I'm bitten by the curse as bad as anyone (I've had a "perfect" setup twice now, sigh) but I've never dreamed about these things. That might be a step a little too far...

"Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about the psychosis!"

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #14 of 37
Never knew it was "dreamed" or "dreamt".
blink.gif

Anyway, I can't say I recall ever dreaming of headphones, amps or anything head-fi related, for that matter. This isn't to say I've never done so, but I just can't remember any of my dreams, period
tongue.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #15 of 37
I've had dreams about owning Stax SR-007s. I've had other audio dreams about having one of my Dream Systems (Magnepan MG-20.1/Rs in an all-Pass Labs triamp configuration). I also have dreams about driving my dream cars... so far of the two I've actually been able to drive in real life, one has exceeded my expectations (second-generation BMW M5), and the other has fallen short (Alpina B10 BiTurbo).

Gotta get those 007s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back