Has an artists behaviour ever turned you off their music?
Mar 27, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #32 of 172
Sting. I liked the police quite a lot and I bought and enjoyed "The dream of the blue turtles" but after reading an inteview in rolling stone about him and the whole tantric sex stuff i just want to wretch when I hear him.

What a self important arrogant a**

Mar 27, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #33 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by XXhalberstramXX
they're apparantly run by mormons

I don't know about you guys, but all of my Christian friends (everybody, parents, etc.) don't consider Mormons Christians...they just go against all of our beliefs. I'm not an authority, but my next door neighbor was in seminary for like 5 years or something...and he knows
biggrin.gif

btw. LS is awesome

I can't stand Atreyu, they try to be "evil" and in the "metal" scene, but they just aren't who they try to be. I borrowed my friend'd LE disc the other day and watched the DVD, and they had a pentagram on the kick-drum and for some selection-things in the menus. I was like...What!!...you aren't satanists at all, get those f666ing (lol) pentagrams off. Your aren't satanist and so don't try to be them. I find that extremely disturbing and I hate them now. I just thought they sucked before.

Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
what about extol, hahaha.
and paramecium, wait, nobody know about them.

You should try listening to Immortal Souls. Cheesy 'north' lyrics, but a great band. You can download 2 of their songs on the Facedown website, Sacrifice, and Everwinter.

Mar 27, 2004 at 9:28 AM Post #35 of 172
Same here with Melissa Ethridge...

Quote:

Originally posted by wali
After I came to know that Elton John is gay, I just could not enjoy his music... not for homophobic reasons, but I feel a sort of disassociation about what he sings and his lifestyle... I can't enjoy his love songs, thinking that it was written for a guy.

Mar 27, 2004 at 1:58 PM Post #36 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by Hisham
It has always been Oasis for me. Fairly good music but disastrous behavior and attitude.

Yes, this is evident on thr DVD 'Familiar to Millions'. I cringed when Noel Gallagher suggests to a fan to give a woman the back of his hand.

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:03 PM Post #37 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by XXhalberstramXX
sure is a hell of lot better than the jesus chainsaw massacre (aka the passion of the christ)

ah, you've stepped in a cow pie now. look how they lynched Andy Rooney.

(by the bye: right on)

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:33 PM Post #38 of 172
An artist will have to do something unimaginably awful for me to stop listening to their music. Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders is a flippin' PETA member but I don't care, I'll still listen to their music. Even after the whole Napster fiasco I still like Metallica as much as I ever did. And even though Michael Jackson's a complete fruitloop now I'm not about to stop enjoying his older material.

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #39 of 172
Rickie Lee Jones....

I've always enjoyed her stuff, but ever since I read a recent article in Uncut where she essentially accuses GWB and "the Texas boys" of murdering Paul Wellstone (does it in a song on her new album too), I can't listen to her music any more. I mean, what a stupid thing to say and/or think....

Also (although "turned off" might not be quite the right phrase here), I used to REALLY like "The Only One" by Melissa Ethridge. I still like it a lot, but it doesn't do as much for me now as it did before I knew that she's singing to another chick.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #40 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
Rickie Lee Jones....

GWB and "the Texas boys" of murdering Paul Wellstone

well:

means, motive, and opportunity. the texas boys have been revealed to be especially loathsome. killing somebody isn't much of a stretch.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #41 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by robert
well:

means, motive, and opportunity. the texas boys have been revealed to be especially loathsome. killing somebody isn't much of a stretch.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't like robert's singing any more either.
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #42 of 172
Quote:

Also (although "turned off" might not be quite the right phrase here), I used to REALLY like "The Only One" by Melissa Ethridge. I still like it a lot, but it doesn't do as much for me now as it did before I knew that she's singing to another chick.

So you like love songs about guys, huh?
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #43 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by wali
After I came to know that Elton John is gay, I just could not enjoy his music... not for homophobic reasons, but I feel a sort of disassociation about what he sings and his lifestyle... I can't enjoy his love songs, thinking that it was written for a guy.

After I saw a very large furry spider, I just couldn't like them anymore... not for arachnophobic reasons, but I feel sort of scared to death about them now. I can't enjoy them anymore, thinking of all those furry legs.

In my book 'no but = yes' and 'yes but = no' just put into nicer words.

Mar 28, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #44 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by Lisa
After I saw a very large furry spider, I just couldn't like them anymore... not for arachnophobic reasons, but I feel sort of scared to death about them now. I can't enjoy them anymore, thinking of all those furry legs.

In my book 'no but = yes' and 'yes but = no' just put into nicer words.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back