Has an artists behaviour ever turned you off their music?
Mar 26, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 172
Mar 26, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 172
The Dixie Chicks

Mar 26, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #5 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
there've been a few bands that once i found out they were christian, i couldn't deal with their music anymore.

Yeah, Christianity is pretty much a dealbreaker for me.

Kind of like going to In 'n Out and reading those god-damned Bible references (John 3:16 or whatever) on the inside rim of the bottom of the soda cups. Makes me feel dirty.

I still eat at In 'n Out, though, but I always make sure to sin right afterward to balance out the money I've given to Christianity.

Actually, speaking of giving money to Christianity, I spent $20 a couple months ago buying a bunch of tracts from Jack Chick. Now THAT man is a Christian!

- Chris

Mar 26, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #8 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Yeah, Christianity is pretty much a dealbreaker for me.

Kind of like going to In 'n Out and reading those god-damned Bible references (John 3:16 or whatever) on the inside rim of the bottom of the soda cups. Makes me feel dirty.

I still eat at In 'n Out, though, but I always make sure to sin right afterward to balance out the money I've given to Christianity.

Actually, speaking of giving money to Christianity, I spent $20 a couple months ago buying a bunch of tracts from Jack Chick. Now THAT man is a Christian!

- Chris

my kind of guy. congrats on supremus btw.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 172
I don't mind bands who are christian, but I can't stand christian rock. If you ask me, it's a limp, uninspired version of both it's components (cliched christianity and cookie-cutter rock).

I really can't stand bands who claim to be "above" other bands. I recently read an interview of the rhythm guitarist from the Darkness and he had this to say about Radiohead:

"Most of these modern bands are so unbearably serious they leave me cold. Radiohead are totally boring. The world needs a showman like Justin who puts on his monkey outfit and entertains people. I haven't bought anything by these modern bands in a while. They're all wet rags."

Granted, he might have still been high from winning NME's "Best New UK Band," but honestly, where are the Darkness going to go next if not the used bin?

Mar 26, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #10 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
my kind of guy. congrats on supremus btw.
evil_smiley.gif

Took me long enough, eh?

You have the singular distinction of being the only fellow with 2700 posts chugging along as a "1000+ Member."
wink.gif

- Chris

Mar 26, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #11 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Took me long enough, eh?

You have the singular distinction of being the only fellow with 2700 posts chugging along as a "1000+ Member."
wink.gif

- Chris

just a reflection of my dedication to the art of useless posting.

or something...

Mar 26, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #12 of 172
Okay here is what i'll say about In-N-Out burger:
their religious references are extremely subtle, innoffensive, and harmless. sure, they're apparantly run by mormons, but consider this:

1.they pay their employees and treat them better than ANY other fast food joint out there,
2. their food tastes better, is fresher and cleaner than any other fast food place.
3. Then make a really good burger. A REALLY GOOD BURGER.

so i'm inclined to not give 2/3 of a damn that they discreetly advertise their religious persuasion. sure is a hell of lot better than the jesus chainsaw massacre (aka the passion of the christ)

Mar 26, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #13 of 172
Quote:

Originally posted by XXhalberstramXX
Okay here is what i'll say about In-N-Out burger:
their religious references are extremely subtle, innoffensive, and harmless.

The innocuity of their proselytization is what makes it all the more unsettling.

That said, yes, they do make a damn good burger and I am unable to resist.

- Chris

Mar 26, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #15 of 172
michael jackson. I don't know if he's guilty or not, but I'm afraid I might picture his hideous fake face in my mind if i hear him hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back