Has an artists behaviour ever turned you off their music?
Jun 2, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #166 of 172
honestly i agreed with metallica during most of the "suing fans" thing, it is stealing, while i do download some songs, it is stealing when u do that, and metallica was SUCH a popular band when all this started that they were getting a significant chunk of their sales taken away.

personally i own every metallica release on a physical CD, so no issue there :p

Jun 2, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #167 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihility /img/forum/go_quote.gif
honestly i agreed with metallica during most of the "suing fans" thing, it is stealing, while i do download some songs, it is stealing when u do that, and metallica was SUCH a popular band when all this started that they were getting a significant chunk of their sales taken away.

personally i own every metallica release on a physical CD, so no issue there :p

copyright violation is not stealing. if i download a song the original copy is still in the possession of the original owner. it is still illegal though.

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #170 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
michael-jackson-400a052307.jpg

Perfection Incarnate IMO!!!

I typically don't hate musicians but there are a few that I loathe. Bono I have always disliked for years I mean. I have never cared that he went to Africa with camera crews and stood around kids with aids. Shoving your "humanitarianism" down my throat only proves to me that you are in it for yourself.

Guns n Roses, not only because of Axl Rose being trash his music is trash as well and should find its way to the trash.

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #171 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
copyright violation is not stealing. if i download a song the original copy is still in the possession of the original owner. it is still illegal though.

What does this mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back