Harsh noises coming out of my headphones audio signal
Apr 28, 2011 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dadab12

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, It started recently , it starts in a middle of the song, and hwne I stop the  song and turn it back on it stops for a few seconds and then it comes back again. It happens really often but there are cases when I can listen to a whole song without it interrupting.
It's really harsh and loud, it takes over the all signal, I wonder what could be the problem?
anyone here has a clue? it's really strange and I can't listen to music now for more than 30 seconds

Apr 29, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Can you describe your system?  Sort of like:

Macbook > DAC > Fiio amplifer > Sennheiser HD-600

You said it started recently.  Can you think of anything in this chain that has changed?  Did you drop anything recently?  Anything in the environment change like temperature, humidity, location of components, etc.?

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 6
My setup is J river media center > FLAC > Saffire 24 PRO DSP > SPL Auditor > Ultrasone Pro 900
I recently got the SPL Auditor and I've connected two XLR cables from the auditor to the Saffire's TRS-PL Analog outputs through 3-4
It's not connected to volume level sicne I hear at low listening volumes... anI dropped the Saffire couple of days ago but no problems occured after the fall.. just now.

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, basic Troubleshooting 101 is to pull one component out at a time and see if you still have the problem.  In light of you mentioning that you dropped the Saffire, I would probably start there: Get another DAP or CD player and go straight into the SPL Auditor and see if you still have the problem.  Try running the Ultrasones off of a receiver or something.  And so on.  Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back