Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Thread
Jul 16, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #16 of 115
BWAHAHAHA... me has book. Book is good. Endured whiny children and obese sweaty costume wearers for book. Dedication to book is fierce.

YAY BOOK!
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #22 of 115
I went on a mini-book buying spree:

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
The Complete Guide to High-End Audio by Robert Harley
Home Theater for Everyone by Robert Harley
SAMS Red Hat Fedora 4 Linux All in One

I didn't get out of work until 2:46 AM EST. We closed the store at 1:25 AM EST and cleaned up for that long. The store was a mess. It still is kind of a mess. I'll be back at work at 12:00 PM EST. No sleep. Gotta study for my USPS 473/473-C practice exams today too.
eek.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 10:35 AM Post #23 of 115
I ordered a copy from Amazon several months ago and paid an extra couple of bucks for guaranteed-to-arrive-by-Saturday shipping. They shipped mine UPS. I tracked it to the local facility, but I don't know if UPS will delivery it today.
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #25 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
I ordered a copy from Amazon several months ago and paid an extra couple of bucks for guaranteed-to-arrive-by-Saturday shipping. They shipped mine UPS. I tracked it to the local facility, but I don't know if UPS will delivery it today.
frown.gif

As did I. However, I just checked the tracking and it says it was DELIVERED YESTERDAY in a town about 20 mins away from me. ..
confused.gif

However, I got an email from Amazon at 1:00 A.M. today saying that the book was shipped.

I'll give it a couple hours, otherwise I will notify amazon and demand a refund and just go buy it from a brick and mortar bookstore because I hear UPS has terrible customer service and I don't really have the time/energy/patience to wait for them to figure it out.

Jul 16, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #26 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
I'll give it a couple hours, otherwise I will notify amazon and demand a refund and just go buy it from a brick and mortar bookstore because I hear UPS has terrible customer service and I don't really have the time/energy/patience to wait for them to figure it out.

Actually, to the contrary, my experience with UPS (even in tight situations) has been pretty good to this day.

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #27 of 115
I ordered mine from Walmart online. I hope they deliver it today. I can hardly wait to read the book.

Early reviews seem good. JKR never seem to disspoint. Though the book is getting too matured too fast. I dunno how kids less than 12 are enjoying it.

I hope they dont kill dumbledore. That would be too sad. He has an aura about him that's missing from others. I hope they kill Ron or Hermoine. But sadly dumbledore looks cinch looking from what happened at bookies in UK last week.

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #28 of 115
mine says "IN TRANSIT TO FINAL DESTINATION"

UPS is good when they deliver to my office... but do not have a good reputation for delivering in residential areas. i'm hoping they will arrive sometime in the afternoon.

when OOTP came out, Amazon used USPS Priority, and it came with the regular mail on the day or release.

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #29 of 115
My previous Amazon order for 'Order of the Phoenix' was sent by ups and I received saturday morning, the official release day. I just tracked my amazon order. The book was sent by USPS and delivery estimate is July 19
mad.gif
Damn it, I'll call Amazon right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back