Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Thread
Jul 14, 2005 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
OK. I got to go to work tomorrow night at 6 PM EST to sell Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince book. I wanted to create this thread for speed readers like myself who want to discuss everything about this book and the book buying experience like those Harry Potter Midnight Magic Parties. You are free to discuss everything including spoilers and endings. Just don't get this thread locked up!

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 115
Man...I am actually excited about this book. The last one was a dark and frightening one...I would never let my kids read that book (again...what kids?
confused.gif
). I hope this new one lightens up a little.

Half Blood prince?

Are we talking about Lord Voldemort again? Harry is not half blood right?

Whats the plot?

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 115
i coulda sworn i read somewhere that JKR mentions that the "Half Blood Prince" neither refers to Harry or Voldemort. its someone else.

what i'm excited about is that there will be this HUGE revelation about what happened that night when the Potters were killed, and what is Voldemort's main motif.

i'll be sure to keep this thread alive when the book arrives in two days... i can guarantee that.

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 115
eh no he is a pure-blood if I remember correctly. Both his parents were famous witches/wizards. His grandmother is also a witch. He is not a squib, just bad at magic.

I think there a couple minor (at least minor so far) male characters who are half bloods, but I don't remember their names.

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 115
Indeed. I plan on being at Books A Million (sorry, Welly
biggrin.gif
B&N's right across the street, but I prefer BAM) tomorrow night. I'm thinking maybe 10PM or so, but we'll see. I really don't want to be sitting out there for hours waiting, but I'm sure people have already camped out. Which is a bit odd, really. I have a guaranteed copy, so it's not like when you camp for a movie. I don't feel like fighting with crowds, though, and I'm guessing a fair number of it will be annoyingly loud children. I doubt they, or their parents, would have the foresight to arrive early.

Jul 14, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
eh no he is a pure-blood if I remember correctly. Both his parents were famous witches/wizards. His grandmother is also a witch. He is not a squib, just bad at magic.

I think there a couple minor (at least minor so far) male characters who are half bloods, but I don't remember their names.

Seamus Finnegan is a half blood.

"I'm half-and-half," said SEAMUS. "Me dad's a Muggle. Mom didn't tell him she was a witch 'til after they were married. Bit of a nasty shock for him." [book 1, chapter 7]

Even mentioned it in the film, which I thought was a little odd.

Jul 14, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 115
Justin Finch-Fletchley, the boy who was petrified in book 2 is also a half-blood. I think.

Jul 14, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #10 of 115
Hagrid's half-blood. Mebbe his momma was queen of the giants.

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #14 of 115
I'm leaving for New York the day after tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be able to pick it up. Maybe they'll have copies at the airport.
The last one took me about seven hours to finish, so I'm guessing about ten for this one.

Jul 15, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #15 of 115
Hermione is a pure muggleblood, and Neville is a pureblood. there really isn't a measure of wizarding ability when it comes to blood. Hermione is good at almost everything, and Neville is pretty much the opposite, well... except for herbology.

to me Neville is one of the most interesting characters. he's certainly has his own kind of bravery, and his character just get more and more revealing through each book. i'm sure there's a significance that he shares Harry's birthday (mine is a day after theirs, we're all Leos), and that Lord Voldemort chose Harry as his foe instead of Neville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back